The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Any problems with the Darkstryder Campaign?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Any problems with the Darkstryder Campaign?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xzil Maru
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Any problems with the Darkstryder Campaign? Reply with quote

I was thinking of running this campaign in the near future, has anyone had any difficulty with running it?

Better yet any suggestions...or advice. Especially about keeping aspects of the characters a secret from the PC playing them, that seemed weird.

And if you have run it how'd it go?
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this campaign as a player. The only difficulty I saw is when some of the NPCs started having secrets revealed, the PCs had never even been given a hint beforehand. I realized later that our PCs took over some of the lead NPC roles, but the director artfully moved the NPCs into secondary roles where they still accomplished their story purpose;

For instance, several of our characters were fighter pilots - all of the characters listed in the module were NPCs. My character, LCDR Simass - Iceman, was appointed flight leader and "Wing Ripper" was set up as my executive officer (second in command), but she still did what the storyline suggested she should do.

There was a good blend of fighting and skullduggery. I especially enjoyed...well, I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone...
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Darkstryder you have to make sure you've read the stuff all the way through first (sometimes more than once), so as to keep things moving along. When I last played in it, we basically left out the main NPCs--they still did what was written, but we players got to get stuff on the spur of the moment & this helped avoid the potential for "the NPCs are all important, again" (which can really ruin a game).
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have regular communication with your players about their characters and certain developments they need to know about. Also it is your job as a GM to guide them in those roles. In theory, this works great. I've never had it work properly though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: