The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Most fun adventure... ever played.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Most fun adventure... ever played.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which has been the setting for the most fun adventure you ever played in?
Space-bound
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ground-Based
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Mix of both
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Podracing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other/something else
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Romance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NPC interaction-based
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vehicle-based
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Exploration
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Most fun adventure... ever played. Reply with quote

Poll: which adventure has been the most fun for you? A space driven adventure? A ground based? Both? A podracing adventure? Something entirely different? Please share.

Details on the adventure are much appreciated! I would like to know what people like so I can run them through that setting....

~Darkclown

Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adventure that had been the most fun as got to be, hands down the Bounty Hunter Adventure some fellow gamers and I ran back in college. The story line took place during the Revenge of the Jedi time line, and our characters kept running into the Main Star Wars characters (usually right after something import had happened in the RotJ storyline)... an example of this was when My main character (Mirk Doom) had fulfilled a bounty for Jabba the Hut, after a long hard hunt, Mirk returned with his Bounty, only to find out that Skywalker and the rest of the gang had already paid Jabba a visit... needless to say there was no-one to pay the bounty.. The rest of the adventure was like this!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had an interesting exploration game set in the republic era. the characters found several of the lesser known planets and a few of the more popular ones. it was probably the most enjoyable game we ran.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a toss up with me. Two Far Orbit games.

One was Alamo Base that was the retirement game for the group. Save Alamo Base on an old Rebel "Safeworld" containing the families of early Rebel Alliance people (Who didn't want to move after the New Republic was founded, having made a life there.). An insane Imperial Remnant something-or-other had invaded it, determined to wipe them out so that he could get into the Afterlife and serve at the Emperor's Left Side or some such madness.

The other game was in some kind of particle field in space that rendered our Blaster and Laser weapons useless while outside of the ship. Most of the crew was incapacitated by a Sonic Weapon that attached to the hull like a lipit mine. We still destroyed one ship by having one guy who was outside the ship, and insane enough to use a Vaccum-Rated Verti-Go Line Thrower to attach to a boarding Shuttle, toss Thermal Detonators into everything marked "Maintence Hatch", and Space Taped one to the Cockpit Viewport, waving, and then running away.

We then had to fight our way out against fully equipped slavers, while we were relegated to having slave collars and pants on.

That's the adventure where Crunch came up with his infamous plan. Laughing
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, I have never really played a star wars game in person, I have always run games.

I think the funnest game that I ran would be a rebellion era game. The players where good roleplayers, and we had a lot of fun. Granted it only lasted about 6 months, due to me and one of hte players having a massive fight (outside of the game) and he carried it to the game, and ruined it for everyone.

But i digress. They really liked that I had strung in the events of the movies. They witnessed all the key events, and even had a hand in getting the death star plans back to the rebels. One was a Clawdite jedi wannbe, who was about to get her jedi powers. one was a force sensitive bounty hunter, who liked killing people (he was about to get jedi powers too, just not in the good way Wink). Had an ex-imperial sniper who for the life of her could not roll decent on her dice. She kept getting fumbles at the critical moment, but she took it in stride and had a great time with it (blaster exploding in her hand, as she was sniping up a tree, and then fell all the way down, hitting branches on the way down, signalling the guards on heavy repeaters to start opening fire on her Razz). The final player was a quite mechanic, she rarely spoke (as a player i think she was shy) but when she did it was always gold.

I wonder if this has anythign to do with it was me, GMing 4 girls (not girl characters, but actual girls) and one guy. There is one thing completely different to how men play: they NEVER did what i expected, and always went about then the problem in a way i never though possible.

All in all it was fun for me (had to keep thinking on my feet) and I wove a great game for the players Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: