The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<round 13>
As Zinn is mostly flying straight already, he easily gets full control of his ship.

On the gunnery deck of the chance is silent as they all wait for Garolf's command. As Garolf sees they are in optimum range he yells FIRE. The entire crew opens up with everything that they have. Garolf quickly reaizes that he never specified which singularity projector to target, so their fire was divided. All but Rownn's missiles were turned back by the hull of the ship. The one projector goes up in a mighy explosion, as atmosphere starts to vent from blow it. The larger ship slows a bit more.

As a last ditch effort the Defiant lets loose another volley of destruction at the approaching cruiser and it does start to explode, but a bit too late. The Defiant will not be able to get out of the way in time. The hulk of the cruiser slams into what is left of the Defiants shields. They hold momentarily before failing, allowing the cruiser to impact the hull. Both start spinning together slowly, the lights and engines on the Deifant go out. Just as you think its over, the Defiant explodes in a brilliant flash of light sending debris all over.

As the ship explodes Zinn feels a crushing feeling in his chest, as if a large weight was just placed there. You manage to work through the pain to avoid the debris. The feeling lifts after a few seconds, leaving you with a feeling of loss...

Jo and Zinn go into evasive manoeuvrer trying to avoid the newly formed debris field, managing to avoid any major damage. The battle is mostly won by your side, and simple mop up is going on across the engagement zone.

</round 13>

ooc: Taking it out of round system now - unless you wish to actively engage anyone, they are mostly gonna leave you alone.

ooc2: yes, the other 2 jedi feel it, but they have better training so it doest over whem them.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The satisfaction Rownn feels as his shot makes it through the cruiser's defenses immediately subside as the scene unfolds and the Defiant is hit by the massive ship. The exploding ship and massive loss of life leaves him feeling hollow, and he fights to remain calm as the sadness washes over him.

After a moment of looking at the debris field and seeing that the battle was essentially over, he looks to Garolf and voices his suggestion for how to proceed in a calm and collected tone.

.: We should get under way on our mission. It would appear that these Vong have no honour and we'll need all the supplies and reinforcements we can muster to fend them off. Anything we can find to help resupply will be vital.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny stares uncertainty rising within him I was playing nice! No talking back, no aggressive posturing! This is what teamwork gets me? I get a snake through the chest trying to play hero and fail when I try to work with a team... I suppose it's a pretty good light show though."

Tiny watches the explosion and shoots at any Vong ships that come within range while he lets out a string of alien expletives.

OOC: I decline to translate or even post Tiny's language.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an immense stab of pain wracks Zinn's heart, he lets loose with a cry that is heard over the comm channel as he threads his way through the new debris field. Winning free, he forms up on the Chance and comms, "I'm back on your wing, Jo. You wanna bug out, or go back to mop up some more of those drekballs?"

His voice is mostly steady, but anyone paying close attention will notice a slight waver.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garolf watches as the crew's attack proves virtually useless. Only Rownn's attack seems to get through, appearing to slow the analog down a little. He hold's his breath, hoping it's enough for the Defiant to escape....

....And then let's out an agonized gasp as the analog rams the assualt carrier. He watches in horror as the impact starts the Defiant spinning. As the lights and engine's die he feels his heart plummet knowing deep down inside they failed. The final crushing blow comes when the capital ship blossoms outwards, raining debris across space.

"NO!" Garolf screams, slamming his fist into a section of the console in front of him devoid of any controls. "NO! THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! NOT AFTER ALL WE DID!"

He leans back in his seat, completely defeated. One arm falls to his side over the arm of the seat while he covers his one eye with the his other hand, the other eye just barely peeking out around his thumb, elbow propped against the other arm of the chair.
"My fault," he dejectedly says, voice racked with grief and self recrimination, "I never said where to aim. I let them down."

Ankhanu wrote:
After a moment of looking at the debris field and seeing that the battle was essentially over, he looks to Garolf and voices his suggestion for how to proceed in a calm and collected tone.

.: We should get under way on our mission. It would appear that these Vong have no honour and we'll need all the supplies and reinforcements we can muster to fend them off. Anything we can find to help resupply will be vital.

"What?" Garolf asks. It's not clear if he actually heard Rownn or if might not have been concentrating enough to understand in his current emotional state. "Check on the rest of the fleet?"

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the greif on Garolf, and hearing his statement,

"The fault doesn't lie with you. We should have confirmed the target with you."

Orrallyn hangs his head slightly, and barely audible,

"Death is a part of war. The cycle must continue. May the Force accept their souls. Lest we forget."

He then turns back to his targeting computer and looks to see if any enemies have come into range.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Banshee," Zinn says, his tone soft and flat. "Give me a diagnostic of the ship's systems. I need to know what we can and can't do.

"Also, give me a concentrated sensor sweep of the Defiant's location before it...exploded. If there are any survivors, we're gonna have to get 'em picked up by the Chance before the Vong get them."
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn shakes his head, and growls out a response to Garolf and Orrallyn, his tone low and remorseful.
.: This isn't your fault. Yes we could have coordinated better, but this is war and there is nothing more we could have done. Even if we managed to get more of those things, we would not have slowed its momentum, it just wouldn't have been able to accelerate.

He releases a deep, centering breath and reiterates his prior comment.
.: What's left can be taken care of by the remaining Republic fleet. We should get under way on our mission

Donate to Ankhanu Press
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the enginee room Hrar stands looking at all indicators somewhat suprised that this did not blow all the fuses. But then he wipes away some sweat with his rag and starts to doubblecheck and repair whats needed to repair. "Hrar to cap, we dont seem to have any major damage despite the suecidal maovers, but im doubble checking right now."

You may fire when ready
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny is accustomed to causing grief not dealing with it he makes every effort not to look at Garolf or anyone else who exhibits any outward sign of emotion other than those he has experience with (IE Anger, fury and the like).

The tripple blasters light up the darkness around the Chance as Tiny fires again and again, even at the vong targets well out of range.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

Last edited by Esoomian on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Zinn waits for Banshee's response, he will shoot at targets of opportunity...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No, it is my fault," Garolf says, still clearly upset by what happened. "I was coordinating your fire. Had I specified which sigularity projector to aim for then you could have all aimed at it without having to ask me where to fire."

Garolf sits there a moment longer then seems to bring his emotions back in check.

"Jo, are you getting any suvivors on the sensors? We may need to either try and rescue them or let the fleet know where they are."

He then turns his attention to the screen before him.

"Ok, let's make sure we're clear of any of those skips they've got, then maybe we can get on with the mission as Rownn suggested. But before we do that, we may want to make certain we've got some supplies or command is sending supplies to our destination for us. Won't do to get there and have absolutely nothing to defend with. Or worse, no food."

(OOC: Mechanical 2D+1 to check for nearby skips)

Wanted Poster
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods to Garolf but interjects with a series of trills, grunts and roars.
.: Lt. Sekal said they could not spare the supplies for our defense during the briefing, as they are stretched thin as it is... even more thinly now that the Vong have double crossed us. We are to assemble supplies from the stronghold with which to make our defense. We should, however, stop somewhere on route to pick up more food and basic supplies. I'm sure we have enough money from the rescue mission reward to more than cover what we can load up on the Chance. We need not further deplete the military's reserves for our mission; they're going to need what they have for any further refugees.
Rownn turns some of his focus upon the missile launcher targetting computer to watch for incoming targets.

OOC - from the post concerning the mission: "We believe that there still may be some functioning equipment within that you could use to mount a proper defence, until a secondary landing party arrives"

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words scroll across Zinn's screen:
Code:
Shields: 84%
Hull Integrity: 93%
Engines: 87%
Internal Compensators: 90% (WARNING JUMP TO LIGHT SPEED WILL TEAR SHIP APART, AGGRESSIVE MANOUVERING MAY INCAPCITATE PILOT)
Latitude thruster 12 offline offline.
All other systems are functioning within reasonable norm

You all notice that the battle is taking a turn for the better on your side with the arrival of Corusca Rainbow, an Imperial Interdictor Cruiser. It comes out right near that MASSIVE Vong ship, and something odd happens, but clicks with what you have seen. As the Coursca adds its projectors simulated mass to the planets actual mass, the force required to remain in orbit increases. The Vong ship seems to be falling to the planet, and anytime it tries to fight the gravity, it is less able to repel the attacks directed toward it. It would seem your suspicions are correct and those singularities both repel your attacks and propel it through space. It quickly meets its end as it falls into the atmosphere of the newly formed wasteland below.

Your contact for these missions was on board the ship you were trying to defend, so you can conclude that he is dead. It is unknown who will be handling you from now on, but from what you can remember of the mission briefing other commanders are already counting on your presence. You have had all the appropriate signalling devices loaded aboard your ship already, so all that you need to do is to head out.

The Chance has taken minimal damage, but Zinns X-Wing must be ditched before you can leave. As you also recall his personal X-Wing was aboard the destroyed ship, and his current one is a “loaner”.

You can try to get a replacement for Zinn’s X-Wing, but that will take both time and luck. After the losses at this battle, the X-Wing will be more needed with the fleet then on your mission. But you will have to land for at least a few seconds to drop off his current X-Wing in a hangar and transfer Zinn to the Chance.

ooc: Just want to add hc, the command failure was because of the roll, not cause you didnt actually say what target. (just thought id be clear, so people dont think if you not 100% explicit with what you say you fail. I try to give benefit of the roll whenever possible.)

ooc2: well I cant seem to find the layout of the base that I had designed before, so that part of this post to follow. Target is 2 days away via hyperspace, so by the time you get to hyperspace, ill have that info available so a plan can be formulated. Design will be similar to wayland though.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"SITHSPIT!" Zinn hollers as he reads the status report from Banshee. Then he keys the comm. "Jo, this X-wing's not gonna be able to make a jump to lightspeed. With the lack of resources here, we'll probably have to land momentarily, ditch this bird, and Banshee and I will have to come aboard to get out of here. This inertial compensator's just not up to it, and if they DO have any available, it'll take too long to switch 'em out."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 123 of 215

Jump to: