The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Grand Theft Airspeeder!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Grand Theft Airspeeder!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot Ron
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Grand Theft Airspeeder! Reply with quote

Here's my idea for a more casual Star Wars campaign:
I call it Grand Theft Airspeeder. Basically, it's like the renowned computer game Grand Theft Auto, except with airspeeders and it will be on Coruscant or Malastare, or some similarly large metropolis planet. The campaign would have the same kind of missions as GTA; they call you on your comlink, tell you what to steal/who to kill, you do it and get money. The missions would be quick and dangerous. My thinking is that most of the action will take place in one district of the city, so you can map out all of the towers and traffic lanes and stuff. Then, when the players accumulate a certain amount of money, they could progress to another planet. Grand Theft Airspeeder would get boring pretty quick, I imagine, but it should be fun to try it out for a change of pace, especially if half your gaming group doesn't show up or something like that. I'll try to come up with some house rules for stuff like hijacking airspeeders and crashing into towers, when I do, I'll post them. What do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be kinda fun for a change of pace. You work for some Hutt crimelord who sends you out to do his dirty work... Very Happy

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. The game doesn't have to get boring, though. With a few players, cool chase music, and a lot of action the game could go on for a while. Perhaps the players owe a lot of money to that Hutt Loc Taal mentioned. They could be stealing, killing and doing other crazy stuff for a long time.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: I pulled something similar... Reply with quote

Had a *BIG* chase scene in one game that I GMed (For a change)...

After being discovered when spying on some Impies on a Golf Course, Flaks, the Wroonian Fighter/Freighter Pilot who was tasked with keeping a spy safe (And was under the guise of a non-human slave), ended up having to steal various vechicles in order to get away from the Imperial Forces...

They started in a Repulsorlift Golf Cart, moved to a Musclecar (With a "Go-Baby-Go" button), to a Half-Metric-Ton Truck, to hitching a ride in the Caddy of an eldery couple, to running down an off ramp, where they finally rented a pair of Speederbikes from Corely Motors, and finally got back to their ship and safety.

It was a... Interesting game. *LOTS* of critically failed rolls... And a drive through an Office Building!

If you are serious about the "Grand Theft Speeder" game, I have a bunch of Speeders made up (I got bored) that you can use. Just e-mail me at r_a_c_@hotmail.com and I'll send 'em your way.

I got Sedans, Muscle Cars, Sportscars, Transports, Trucks, Vans, Minis, Golf Carts... THE WORKS!!!

I got very, very bored. Very Happy
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sound very cool, Ray! Can you post them under the "Ships & Equipment" forum?

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Sure... Reply with quote

But I'm going to tell you right now that the file is bloody *HUGE*!!! Just checked, 10 pages long! And hasn't been proofread very much.

But... If you insist. According to your info, you are a Site Admin... If too large, you can always delete it.

I got very, very, very, very bored. Laughing

Ray.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all over the whole Grand Theft Auto idea. So much, in fact, that I am currently creating a Grand Theft Airspeeder sourcebook for my group and anyone else who would like it.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want!!!
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool! Please post it when you're finished! I can host the file on my server if you need me to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: