The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Students of the Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Students of the Force Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yavin IV
they're at luke's school.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you do have the Temple of the Blue Leaf Cluster and the Palace of the Woolmander near the academy. Plenty of things the students could run into in the jungles. Massassi trees, climbing ferns, nebula orchids, touch-nots, blueleaf shrubs, and gernade fungi to name some of the flora, crawlfish, Yavinian runyips, woolamanders and stintaril to name some of the fauna. If you've got Galaxy Guide 2, then you already know about all that stuff. If I had my copy of The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons down here, I'd get some more stuff from there. There's also the possibility of some scattered remains of fallen fighters from the Battle of Yavin, ala Heirs to the Force. I'd have suggested run-ins with piranah-bettles, but I don't know if there are any D6 stats for them or not. In fact I don't know if there are even any D20 stats that could be converted. There is an active volcano somewhere on the moon, though I'm not sure how far it is from the Academy. Though if there's one, then there could well be more.

What about the possibility of field trips to Yavin VIII and Yavin XIII. They could offer some extra adventure possibilities without having to leave the system.

Wanted Poster
Theron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
Send them as messangers to..., broaden their range of experience. Perhaps they want to check out a seedy joint after the mission, get into some trouble, or maybe they wish to save an innocent from some drunks harrassment. Perhaps a situation arises that calls for every bodied hand to help out, including the novices. or, better yet, a situation, maybe danger arises and the novices are made to stay in protest and they sneak out to help anyway. I'm thinking they pull a Harry Potter, and investigate around their teachers' backs.

That sounds possible.

I like these ideas.

Of coursem whatever they decide to do should involve a twist. Perhaps the drunk they saved mubles a secret they weren't supposed to know, or accidently leaves behind some kind of coded message that they find.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a whole series of books dedicated to this, for a lot of adventure inspirations. Ok, they are targeted for teens, but I still enjoyed reading them. Just don't expect some dramatic storywriting here...

The book series I'm talking about is the "Young Jedi Knights" series by K.J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, detailing the adventures of Jacen and Jaina Solo, Tenel Ka and others during their study in the academy and on other planets. Available here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: