The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Set Krambol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Set Krambol
View previous topic :: View next topic  
names_are_useless
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Set Krambol Reply with quote

This is my first character that I've ever created in Star Wars d6. He's a Skakoan droid programmer. I used the Skakoan base stats in Gry's Alien Species sourcebook as a base for my character and Gry's Droid Stats sourcebook for stats of a battered B2 battle droid (needs fixed before its operational). This character was made to take place just before or during the Galactic Civil War era.

Since this is my first character, please tell me if I've computed the Attribute and Skill stats correctly or if my character is too weak, too powerful, or just right. Thanks 8)

Oh, and if anyone here could use another player with this character in a Galactic Civil War era pbp RPG, just give me a holler!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name: Matthew Hays
Character Name: Set Krambol
Gender/Species: Male/Skakoan
Physical Description: Set has aqua-colored skin and grey eyes. He wears a dark brown robe, which covers most of his Skakoan pressure suit.

Character Points: 5
Force Sensitive: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Move: 10

Dexterity: 2D+1
Knowledge: 3D+2
Bureaucracy 4D
Business 4D+2
Mechanical: 3D
Perception: 2D+2
Persuasion 3D+2
Search 3D+2
Strength: 1D+2
Technical: 4D+2
Computer Programming/Repair 5D+2
Droid Programming 6D
Droid Repair 6D
Special Abilities:
Unique Physiology: Standard oxygen atmospheres are poisonous to Skakoans, burning their lungs for 2D damage per round of exposure. Skakoans also require a high-pressure atmosphere and take 2D damage each round they are exposed to the "standard" air pressure preferred by most other species. A Skakoan exposed to both conditions simultaneously takes 4D damage per round. They rely on special pressure suits to negate the harmful effects of a hostile environment.
Gearhard: Skakoan characters get +2 pips to spend on one Technical skill during character creation.

Credits: 200
Equipment:
- Skakoan Pressure Suit
- Repair Kit
- Enegry Pack (1)
- BF-G6 (Super Battle Droid, damaged) inside a wheeled crate

Background:
Born on the planet Skako under the Coglin Clan, Set made a meek living as a local droid repairman with his father Law in a small community on the high-tech world. Though relatively secluded from some of the more urban parts of the planet, recruitment for technicians and droid programmers during the Clone Wars came to the Coglin Skakoans. Set signed himself up and joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
As a CIS Programmer, he worked in the droid factories of Foundry, working on the inner memory constructs of both B1 and B2 Battle Droids. He became facinated with Droid AI and anatomy, vowing to one day perfect the battle droid design even further.
When news of the death of the Seperatist Council came, the factories of Foundry went into anarchy. Krambol escaped on a retreating freighter when the new Galactic Empire came to take over the planet. He took with him the parts of a damaged B2 battle droid with him.
Set would eventually leave the freighter and make it out on his own. With Skako now under the rule of the Empire, Krambol knew going home wasn't an option. The Skakoan became a wanderer, finding odd jobs and jumping from planet to planet to keep himself alive.

Personality: Introverted, obsessive compulsive, easily angered

Objectives: To build the perfect battle droid, to learn more about droids, find more of his people, see the fall of the Empire.

A Quote: "Did someone say 'droids'!?"
Additional notes:
Droid Code: BF-G6
Type: Baktoid Combat Automata B2 Series Battle Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 3D, Blaster: Blaster Rifle 4D, Dodge 3D, Melee Combat 3D, Vehicle Blaster 3D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 3D
TECHNICAL 1D
Equipped With:
- Mounted blaster rifle (5D damage, range: 3-30/100/300)
- Remote reciever (5,000 km range, with local back-up processor)
- Light armor (+1D to Strength to resist damage)
- Vocabulator (the droid can replicate orangic speech)
Move: 10
Size: 1.8 meters tall
Cost: 3,300 credits

Last edited by names_are_useless on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remove your specializations and leave the base skills, then you use up the 7D of skill dice. This doesn't include the "Gearhead" bonus either. Also I believe that you start with 10 character points instead of 2.
names_are_useless
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xynar wrote:
If you remove your specializations and leave the base skills, then you use up the 7D of skill dice. This doesn't include the "Gearhead" bonus either. Also I believe that you start with 10 character points instead of 2.

Edited and done Smile

Btw how many Skill Points does a single Specialization skill point cost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

names_are_useless wrote:
Btw how many Skill Points does a single Specialization skill point cost?

As a starting character, 1D worth of skill dice will buy 3 specializations. Each specialization is 1D higher than the base skill. For example, you have a blaster skill of 3D and buy a specialization of blaster pistol. You would then have blaster 3D and blaster: blaster pistol 4D. But now if you increase your base skill, the specialization does not increase.

Afterwards, the cost to increase the skill by a pip can also buy a specialization. We'll use the same example as above but to buy blaster: blaster pistol, it would cost 3 character points. The end result is the same with a blaster: blaster pistol 4D
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xynar wrote:
Also I believe that you start with 10 character points instead of 2.

It's 5, actually.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
It's 5, actually.

My mistake. You are correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: