The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stupid Herglic?...Lucky Herglic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Stupid Herglic?...Lucky Herglic!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastereji
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Stupid Herglic?...Lucky Herglic! Reply with quote

I just wanted to share a short blurb about a young player in my group (only played about 2 years at most and is 15), who is (or now was) playing a male Herglic named Budo in our bounty hunter campaign. Now to the story, well Budo and the group were staking out a large warehouse in a dark desolate settlement on a swamp world, ya know lots rain, fog, mists, that sort of thing. Anyways, they had come up with this master plan of having Budo ram a repulsor truck they had reinforced through the cargo doors for their main distraction thus allowing the rest of the group to enter from other ways with less resistance. Well, there is religious visionary on the planet who gives advice for mere food, trinkets and what not (obviously a Force-user) who is very good at what he does and is still able to operate cuz of the remoteness of this world. So as a side distraction I had a jedi knight named Sable who they had briefly glimpsed in the past and then summarily were interrogated by the Imperials and an Inquisitor show up on the same planet to seek advice from this seer. Well, i decided that there could be a possibility of one othe pcs seeing her as she was on her way to this vizier and it ended up that the herglic had the best chance. Well, he rolled double sixes on the wild die and therefore he caught a glimpse of her. I then asked him what his reaction would be and after he very briefly considered his options he chose to try and run her down with the repulsor truck (his reasoning being that she was worth around 500,000 credits dead or alive and if he succeeded he would get the whole bounty). As Sable being a seasoned jedi knight and always prepared (usually she is) was able to react quicker than the herglic as he sped towards her at high speed, a huge bounty in his sights. Well, unfortunately for the herglic (and for many laughs for many sessions from the group), his repulsor truck lifted off the ground and flew over her (obviously with the aid of the force) landing (fortuneately for the group) into another building next to their target building. The jedi went about her business but a rival bounty hunter witnessing their jog but who was also after Sable arrived moments after taunting the hapless herglic who failed miserably twice on his lifting checks to get the truck off him. The rival hunter then figuring he could get rid of some of his competition and also that nobody else was seeing this, basically sets a thermal detonator in his broken and smashed arm/hand, the the delay counting down. Now i fully believe in random chances for living even while a pc is helpless so i gave Budo one chance and a remote one at that. All he had to do was have me roll a 1 on the damage die roll and then back that up with another 1. Well, i rolled all 9 other die first (with lots of 4s and 5s) and the wild die last, which came up a 1 then another 1. So, it was a dud. The intensity in the group was great and we all had lots of fun that night and thereafter cuz he was soooo lucky and lived to tell about it. Well, he only lived to tell about it for another 5 or sessions, where the same situation back-fired on him and he ended up a herglic without a head.
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Budo Reply with quote

Hey but that was fun wasn't it. Man I thought I was gonna die, exspecially when you placed that thermo-detonator on me. Hahahahahahaha.....
Too bad I died the very next session Shocked
mastereji
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, you roll more wild die "1"s than anyone I have ever played d6 with. It is actually quite hilarious. Don't get discouraged, maybe someday that will turn around. At least your wookie is still alive, barely. Maybe I have been too kind to the wookie but I guess he is now half cybernetic. He he.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: