The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bury-Bolton, UK (seeking tabletop and online SW gamers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Bury-Bolton, UK (seeking tabletop and online SW gamers)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Bury-Bolton, UK (seeking tabletop and online SW gamers) Reply with quote

Hello There,

Are there any local gamers (Bury or Bolton areas) about the board? I recently helped form a rpg group, only to find that out of the 15+ players, only two are prepared to even consider playing SW (incredible but true; the heathens!).

Alternatively, I am running an online pBem SW group, covering various timeframes and rotating through differing groups of characters (beginning with a Rebel 'Dirty Dozen' commando adventure set between ANH-ESB). I welcome players from all parts of the globe. Timezones don't make any difference to play because it is not in 'real-time', and it's ideal for gamers who don't have the liberty to sit down for a few hour's roleplay (the freedom to e-mail a couple of responses each day is essential). The requirements are a decent grasp of the English language in literary form, creative writing skills and a willingness to collaborate. My games are freeform, so we don't use statistics, concentrating more on characterisation and storytelling. However, I do use dice to adjudicate, my own common sense acting improvisationally as the rules system. I carefully edit all the responses together at the adventure's conclusion to form a novella for players to keep and enjoy, a nice souvenir of their time with the group.

I will provide professional-quality character illustrations and profile sheets. I've traditionally had an extremely good time organising pBems, and already have two keen, veteran players waiting to kick some armour-plated Imperial backsides; a few more are most welcome.

- John
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pBems?
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostboy wrote:
pBems?

Play By E-Mail.
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never heard of pBps (play-by-post) before coming here, so we're all learning something Wink
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i comit i'd like to know of the time the game is set in as well as what types of characters are allowed and not allowed i.e. no force users e.t.c.
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set between ANH-ESB featuring a group of Rebel commandoes assembled from all manner of races, species and cultures with the ambitions of staying alive and making life harder for the Empire. No Force-users, please. Like the movies, designed to be enjoyed by a family audience.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool i'll get to work on a character right away.
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There,

Ian (not a Rancor Pit member) is playing the leader of the commandoes. His character is a mid-level Alliance officer charged with ascertaining the value of a group of former Imperial prisoners he rescued from a prison ship. Ian's character is more British than American in attitude (stiff upper lip, Queen (Alliance) and country, stoic and reserved, etc), but not a stereotype. He's stern and rock hard, a little like The Clone Wars' Wulf Yarulen. His orders are to take the squad out on a few missions and sort the wheat from the chaff. The squadies not up to the job will either be killed off by the enemy, expelled by Ian (he has 'behind closed doors' orders to execute the ones who would pose a danger to the Alliance if left at liberty), or validate the remainder for more high-profile missions.

Ian will have a second-in-command, but I don't know if he/she will be a PC or NPC - depends if players show an interest in the role. Remaining players take on the roles of some of the trainee commandoes. The group (incl. PCs and NPCs) will approximate 8 in number. PCs playing the would-be commandoes unsurprisingly will not belong to the hardcore criminal fraternity, but still have to prove their worth to the Alliance.
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on my pBem: one player may or may not be playing (he's battling with apathy, the poor soul), so I now have two players, plus a potential third for the second mission. The first mission commences the first week of March.

Could you refer me to other SW D6 sites where I might be able to recruit more players? I've been away from the game for eleven years and am completely unaware of the locations of suitable community forums.

TIA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: