The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Running 1st Edition Adventures Using 2nd R&E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Running 1st Edition Adventures Using 2nd R&E
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Running 1st Edition Adventures Using 2nd R&E Reply with quote

Are there any issues which might present themselves, outside of the speed codes, when running a first edition adventure in second edition? Would the enemies be underpowered or overpowered?

Any tips, tricks or advice would be helpful as I'm going to try and start up a game amongst family and friends, and I might use one of the first edition adventures as a jumping-off point. Very Happy
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I've noticed, as long as you use the conversion rules at the end of the 2e book, you should be just fine. Skills didn't really alter between editions.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
As far as I've noticed, as long as you use the conversion rules at the end of the 2e book, you should be just fine. Skills didn't really alter between editions.

Gracias.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed any obvious differences between stats except for movement and whatnot handled by the conversion guide. I still have my 1st Edition core book so I'll just peruse that for a little refresher as well as it has been a long time since I played that version of the game.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several 1st Ed adventures were reprinted in the "Classic Adventures Vol X" series.

I'm not sure if they were pure reprints or if they had any converting done to the stats, but might be worth checking out.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having ran black ice twice, one in first, and once in 2nd ed, i can say it was not that hard to run it, other than the speed stuff. The 2nd ed addition of the wild dice though did change it a little.
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerun941 wrote:
Several 1st Ed adventures were reprinted in the "Classic Adventures Vol X" series.

I'm not sure if they were pure reprints or if they had any converting done to the stats, but might be worth checking out.

Yeah, I have them in pdf and I'll more than likely pick one from there as I believe that they were modified for 2nd Edition where necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: