The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventures in the Rim - Prologue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu -> Adventures in the Rim - Prologue Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Saratoga Springs, Upstate NY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5, when you hook into the computer system you are able to access the diagnostic systems, the ship indicates a problem with the fusion generator within the hyperdrive. You will need to open the system up to determine the full extent of the damage.
_________________
This new hand, it's a fightin' hand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5: [Digitized Basic] *On the speakers* "There is some damage to the hyperdrive. I am going to open the system up to see the full extent of the damage"

R5 unplugs, and opens up the fusion generator to attempt to see the damage, and maybe fix it if he can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Jedi


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrol thinks to himself "Great, there goes our exit." then he thinks to Geldriv "Whats your plan"
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to Jerrol verbally, Geldriv quietly states, "Don't really have one yet. We really don't have enough information yet; we've gotta get out of this debris and collect more intel. Obviously this attack vessel has some less than honourable intentions; otherwise they'd respond to the hail... speaking of which..." Geldriv flicks on his comm, "DIsmas, switch me back to external hailing frequencies, let's try this again."
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Posts: 3758
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismas flips the switch, and then goes back to monitoring the shields and sensors.
_________________
"I take orders from just one person: Me!"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing the pop of the comm system as it changes, Geldriv again begins hailing, "This is Geldriv of the Nova Gale, cease your attack, we are not aggressors"
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 02 Sep 2008
Posts: 190
Location: Saratoga Springs, Upstate NY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comms just show static, though your sensors show every indication that you hails have been received. As you pass the debris, you can get a cleaner scan of the ship. The damage looks concentrated around their engines, similar to how your ship has been hit. The ship has no atmosphere or crew aboard. The enemy ship drops off you scanners as you pass the derelict, putting it between you and the enemy ship. You are in a three planet system, none look habitable, though the gas giant is withing the habitable orbit range, and may have unseen moons.


R5, the damage to the hyperdrive is significant, but it can be repaired given enough time. The backup hyperdrive looks operable, but you do not have your current position where you were pulled out of hyperspace to calculate a route.
_________________
This new hand, it's a fightin' hand!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obidancer
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we may be dealing with Pirates here, Captain. Says Katan over the comm unit. What's surprising is they don't want to be bargaining for surrendering. We may have to fight our way through this I feel!
I'll be waiting for order to fire as soon as I get a visual.

_________________
www.obidancer.com - RPG Character Portraits and Art.
Malicia "Rogue" Darkholmes - Character in Alcon's Thractin Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5-Q1: [Digitized Basic] *On the speakers* “There is significant damage to the hyperdrive, but I will be able to fix it given time away from getting shot at. The hyperdrive backup is operable but we do not have our position. I am going to attempt to start repairs and have the nav computer to start fixing out position on our charts, but it may take some time.”

R5-Q1 will tell the nav computer to start fixing our position and will start work on the hyperdrive as indicated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tihr holds onto the back of the two seats in the cockpit to stabilize himself watching what is happening calmly. He has seen this far too many times and has hated it everytime. So helpless feeling just letting the crew sort out the problems themselves but he would be more of a hindrance than a help right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using his comlink, as the ship comm in the turret is still set to external, Geldriv comments, "God assessment, Katan, and yea, it's a bit odd. Hopefully we'll get some more answers once we clear the debris. Gabrik, get us clear!"
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet


Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rodger that, HOLD ON TIGHT" Gabrik says as he begins to swerve the ship out from the planet in a curvature motion trying to make it difficult for the attackers to target the ship. "Hey R5 tell me when we can get a position on where we are so I can jump us out of here, although we may have to jump randomly and sacrifice position to save our asses"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obidancer
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Mar 2004
Posts: 261
Location: New York, NY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katan looks around to see if he can spot the attacking ship, ready to let go a volley of defensive fire should the vessel continue his agressive moves.
_________________
www.obidancer.com - RPG Character Portraits and Art.
Malicia "Rogue" Darkholmes - Character in Alcon's Thractin Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0