The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars The Clone Wars TV Review in D6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Star Wars The Clone Wars TV Review in D6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Star Wars The Clone Wars TV Review in D6 Reply with quote

I've started to review the first episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars series on my blog. Why it's in this forum is that the format I've reviewed it is like it was a D6-based adventure, as if there is a GM and PCs playing together and we're seeing the results of their dice rolls onscreen.

An excerpt:

Battle of the Coral Moon wrote:
The remainder of the adventure required that the ground-bound PCs try to reach King Katuunko while a brigade's worth of Separatist B1 and B2 battle droids, destroyer droids and Armored Assault Tanks (AAT) were deployed into the coral forest to stop them. The coral's Strength attribute was tough enough to stop AATs. But even with one PC armed with a formidable Z-6 rotary blaster they were overwhelmed by the sheer number of the NPCs. During one of the firefight, one of the clone trooper PCs failed a dodge roll and was wounded by a B2 droid. They used their hide skill to hole up in cave, giving them time to recuperate.

I was wondering if I could quote the D6 stats as written in the Clone Wars Campaign Guide D6 Conversion, or at least refer to them in the text in some way?

Hope you enjoy the review at the link above.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting idea, i think it turned out all right Smile.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm still trying to get my footing right, like how much into the fake players and GM's head should I write? Or how much of a tangent should I go out if I need to?

In any case, here's The Clone Wars Review page. Any new ones will show up at the top of this page. The second one is up, with the GM splitting the party for most of the gaming session.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisham wrote:
Thanks. I'm still trying to get my footing right, like how much into the fake players and GM's head should I write? Or how much of a tangent should I go out if I need to?

The best guide here, and in any writing effort, is to keep it organic. Don't try and force a particular benchmark. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it, especially when faced with adding more content; less is more is a cliche, but a good guideline (to a degree). If you have to force the idea of getting into someone's head/motivations, that effort and difficulty will shine through what's written, reducing its quality.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: