The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fall from Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Fall from Power Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did they enter from the offices? Or from elsewhere and made there way here?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea where they came from other than from outside the spaceport and that they came directly to Latik when they did arrive. They looked beat up and tired. Some were hurt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph looks to his companions. Speaking quietly he says, "Perhaps our friend Latik is more than he appears. Perhaps he is part of a resistance..."

Looking back to the droid he adds, "Lead the way. We'll need that light, unless we can find others down here." He gestures down the tunnel. "We need to get moving, quickly. However, I want to try and make sure we have the ability to get Latik out of here, should he need it. He was one of my father's friends, so he deserves at least that much."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As your eyes begin to adjust to the low light conditions, you begin to notice that the tunnels are lit very very dimly with small blue lights. The tunnel seems to have been constructed in an intentional matter as if it was part of the original plans. It is concrete and metal on all sides. It weaves for a few turns but you begin to see a brighter light as you approach a larger open underground area. As you enter the area it is lit with larger lights but still has a dim blue color and is not well lit just better lit than the tunnels. Once you finally get inside you are able to see that this place is rather busy. There are what looks like 10-12 heavy wounded riot police (similar to the ones you fought along side before) laying around the floors getting some ad hoc medical treatment from a few civilians. There are a number of wounded civilians as well. A droid or two are helping as much as possible, and one recognizes new comers and turns and rushes up to you. "Beboop eep pep beep," (which Noven understands as "May we help you? Are you hurt?"). You see a few other exits from this room but can see no further and only the occasional person enters or exits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instantly alarmed, Dolph rushes to meet the individual coming up to them. Quickly he says, "Can we help? Who are all these people?"

As he listens to the reply, he scans the riot police to see if he recognizes any of them, either from earlier that day or from his time on the Planetary Defense Force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the droid continues to answer Dolph's question he is cut of, by a yell from across the dimly lit room. "Hey!" one of the figures moves toward you and you finally can recognize him as he gets close enough to extend a hand to shake Dolph's and then down the line of you all. "I am so glad you got out of there alive. And that you obviously found your way back here." He looks around at the injured. "We did not have nearly the reinforcements that the Empire possesses and we retreated soon after you got away. Thank god for Latik or we would all be dead by now. Unless you need medical treatment right now we have got to get out of here. Latik wouldn't let the transport leave with out you, but to be honest I don't know how we are going to get out of here anyway." He begins to lead you across the room awaiting your replies but intent on getting moving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph nods, all the leadership training his father gave him kicking in. Starting to follow the man he says, "Is there a plan in place to get Latik out of here as well? He's not going to be able to keep this up indefinitely; when the Empire figures out what's been going on here, he needs to be LONG gone."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I thought you would have realized by now that Latik is the plan. He is running this whole thing, he is the one doing the saving here." The policemen finishes his comments just as you enter the room to the back left of the main facility. "Its about time, you showed up," the chief shouts from across the room. "We were hoping you would make it." He turns to your escort, "Sargeant start getting everyone ready to move out.", "Yes, sir." (Hiram recognizes the sargeant since he worked for him, everyone else recognizes the chief as the one that helped get them out of the mess with the imperial heavy tanks).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph shakes his head. "I realize that much...but he's also an old friend of my father's, which means to me that provisions need to be in place to help him get out after we're gone. He's been part of this plan since Dad put it in place, and I'd just as soon not have any more people sacrificing their lives just to save mine.

"By the way, thanks for the assist with those Imp tanks. Without your interference, we'd be grease spots on the duracrete."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well how do you suppose that we can help him, we are in bad shape and my guys don't have a lot of fight left in them, let alone ammunition? We weren't just there to save you, sir, but this city took some serious loses in leaders and patriots today when that convoy was demolished. There isn't much left of the government even if the Imperials weren't holding the city. I am not sure how much of the rest of the planet the Imperials had planned on invading but they have stuck a serious blow today. Somehow we have to get more resources if we are ever going to have a chance to fight back. I am not sure about Latik's plans but he often has more up his sleeve than you would think, he isn't exactly the most straight and narrow character and he has had his share of sketchy endeavors. So what do you think we should do?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph heaves a heavy sigh. Ah, the burdens of leadership...

"I guess he'll have to hold his own for the time being. I guess he must be as well-connected as you suspect to have been able to pull this off. Let's get out of here. The men need rest and resupply, immediately. We'll have to check on things once we're away and restocked." He puts his hand on the man's shoulder. "Thanks for all you've done here today. You've all done yourselves proud."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sir, I apologize if I sound like I am being harsh but he must have planned for that contingency, we have been blind-sided and need to regroup if we will ever have a chance," the chief says. Latik rushes through the doorway, slightly out of breath in his old age, "I am sorry but there has to be a slight change in plans we must get moving immediately, the Imperials are looking for you gentlemen, they have reason to believe you are in the vicinity and we have to make sure they don't find all of you." He motions to a few of his employees, to start packing up. "Quickly follow me!" He proceeds out of the room and opens another passage out of the main room. "Come on, this way. Move!" He continues down the dimly like walkways as quickly as he can until finally he opens a blastdoor to a large hanger area. As the doors separate and open fully you see a well lit area full of bustling droids and workers prepping the ship. The ship is very large, obviously made for space travel but looks very old and like it has seen better days. "She looks old but she will take good care of us, get everyone inside the passenger bay as quickly as possible." The engines been spooling up to idle as the work continues on the ship in preparation. You all notice as you run by a pair of Z-95 headhunters lifting off to a hover as the canopies close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph claps Latik on the shoulder. "Thank you for your help, sir. You were a true friend to my father, and I won't forget it."

Gesturing for Hiram, Timi, and R4 to follow him onto the ship. He quickly searches out the passenger bay and leads the group there. He also finds an astromech station for R4 to slip into in preparation for takeoff.

As he straps himself in, Dolph remembers getting up for his father's funeral, the surreal feeling he had up until the moment before the Imperials attacked, and the sudden realization that he'd dreamed that whole sequence...and that it played out exactly as he'd seen it. He wonders what the significance of that might be, and rubs his temples as he closes his eyes to ponder...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what else to really do, R4 boards the craft and plugs into the Astromech Station and awaits further commands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing R4 beeping to himself as he settles into the socket and begins to interface with the ship, Dolph looks over at the droid. "R4, Please go ahead and start monitoring traffic, both in-atmosphere and out. Pipe the info to the pilot and navigation stations so they have a head-start when they get strapped in. You can check out their preflight procedures, but you should probably let them run their own checks unless they ask you to do it for them. Pilots can be touchy about having such things done without their supervision.
Keep tabs on the comm chatter, and alert the pilot if anything noteworthy comes across.

"When we're off, familiarize yourself with the ship's schematics. I'd like a set beamed to my datapad when you get the chance. Let me know what stations on board are manned, and where there are stations lacking assigned crew. Hopefully we'll be able to help them out."

Dolph leans back against his seat, closing his eyes once more and letting his mind drift back to his previous musings about the seeming prescience concerning his father's funeral procession...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0