The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Crazy misadventures- monkeys, Seatroopers and crossovers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Crazy misadventures- monkeys, Seatroopers and crossovers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Crazy misadventures- monkeys, Seatroopers and crossovers Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm still kinda new here and I've been browsing the topics and wanted to let you all know about the campaign I have recently started up.

There's 2 PC's, my wife who plays and Alien Princess and my daughter who plays the droid that protects the Princess. Sometimes I play the droid. Her dad (NPC)is king of a planet recently freed from Imperial rule. A year after the Imperials fled her planet is slowly recovering from years of harsh Imperial rule. To further complicate things the Imperials destroyed alot of important infrastructure before they left- think scortched Earth defense.

So anyway Dad sends her on errands. She has a 'stretched' version of the Lambda class shuttle called a Labamba class and she's informed me that it's painted pink. Her first errand was to establish contact with a labratory on a jugle island on a far flung planet, they hadn't checked in for a few days. Turns out the island was hit by a tsunami, after hiking from the beach to the lab (and fighting the jungle all the way) we find out that 1D6 "space monkeys" that have been infected with a deadly virus escaped and are loose in he jungle.

"Well" says the Princess "that's not my problem, they aren't my monkeys what do I care if they get lost"

"ok" says I the GM "But if anyone on this island gets bitten and dies, it's your fault. If the population of the island all dies, that will be your fault too."

We chase a couple of monkeys, stun them, put them in a box and as we're flying around trying to locate the last radio collar (and the monkey it's attached to) the Princess says "This shuttle has weapons, right?"

"Yes ma'am" Says the droid so the Princess wants to know why we can't just blaster the little critters.....Uh, says I the game master, I guess we probably could go ahead and nail the last one, so we did.

The next adventure took place as soon as she arrived home. The Imperials attacked. Star Destroyers came into orbit, blasted a crater where the Land-to-space batteries were, had dropships bring in AT AT's which marched through tanks (Star Destroyer fire from orbit is a hard thing to deal with) to the edge of an ice shelf where they kneeled and lauched a legion of Seatroopers. Dad ordered her to get into her shuttle and fly out to a ship nearby and get a report from the senior military commander on the scene. A series of terrible die rolls led to the Princess getting her shuttle shot down by an AT AT. The Princess herself was knocked out in the crash and carried out by the droid.

The Imperials had buried four squadrons of TIE fighters off the coast of one of the continents, as they lifted off one collided with the ship trying to rescue the Princess in her life raft. Needless to say this adventure didn't turn out quite like I expected.

So anyway, what kind of adventures can you think to send these PC's on? My wife has never played an RPG before, and neither has my daughter. They don't have to keep track of money- except to say they don't have the ability to live too high on the hog, I mean they don't have to sleep on the ship but they aren't staying in the Royal Suite anywhere. They don't keep track of Credits. I also assume her shuttle is equipped with 'most' of what she needs, short of E Web repeating blasters and a case of thermal detonators.

I was thinking about having these characters go to planet LV429 (niether my wife nor my kid have seen Alien) to check and see if a ship crashed there ( a distress call came from there)

Oh and the droid is a Cylon from the reimagined BSG. It talks, however, and consistently scares the crap out of everyone it meets. Eventually a couple of Gamorreans are going to try and kick the Cylon out of a cantina, I am sure that will be interesting.

My wife wanted to know when she was going to have a ball, don't Princesses do that? Yes, write an adventure where I go to the ball.

Anybody ever thrown a ball before?
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy misadventures- monkeys, Seatroopers and crossovers Reply with quote

Jedi AlanRocks wrote:

I was thinking about having these characters go to planet LV429 (niether my wife nor my kid have seen Alien) to check and see if a ship crashed there ( a distress call came from there)

I really like this idea. It's LV-426, though.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I can get a better idea of what sort of suggestions would be well received, could you tell me about how old your daughter is?
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a couple of adventures which takes place during a ball.

One of the planetary governors of the sector my first campaign liked to throw balls at a drop of a hat. Every time the PCs go there he throws "a ball in their honor".

The first adventure was just after the fall of the Empire, so during the ball a bunch of wayward Imperials raided the governor's mansion and took the governor hostage. PCs had to rescue him.

The second adventure much later, during the year of Thrawn's campaign, was pretty uneventful during the ball. Except the governor's 13 year old daughter kept pestering them all night.

The next morning, they take a Mekuun Hoverscout to carry out their mission and discover too far to turn back that the governor's daughter had stowed away aboard the vehicle to join them in their adventure.

After all is over and they return the daughter, the adventure ends with... yes, that right - the governor throws the PCs another ball in their honor. Smile
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Just so I can get a better idea of what sort of suggestions would be well received, could you tell me about how old your daughter is?

My kid is 9 going on 10, so younger than I was when I first RPG'ed. She's seen a little BSG and loves playing a Cylon. She likes rolling the dice so she's totally trigger happy. She rolls a mean intimidation and lays down covering fire but she really likes using the sword that pops out of her right arm. But she doesn't play every time, sometimes its just me and the wife.

The wife is slowly getting the hang of what it is to role play a Princess. I think what I am looking for is simple quick adventures that can be done in a few quick sessions, nothing too grand or epic. I am older now and I am tired of saving the universe. I also like silly, I think this story lends itself to crazy stuff. My adventures usually follow a pattern like fight/chase/fight/chase so there's that. No one's going to become a Jedi, no one's going to try to take down the Darth Lord in an epic lightsaber battle. I like to screw the Empire,I like crossovers, and blowing things up. I am willing to entertain any idea, though.

Quote:
One of the planetary governors of the sector my first campaign liked to throw balls at a drop of a hat. Every time the PCs go there he throws "a ball in their honor".

Now that you mention it, Her Higness hasn't gone anywhere as an offical of State. Not that she isn't treated well, but she's never had anykind of reception upon arrival. I think she needs to go somewhere and negotiate something and have an official reception type thing.

Quote:
The next morning, they take a Mekuun Hoverscout to carry out their mission and discover too far to turn back that the governor's daughter had stowed away aboard the vehicle to join them in their adventure.

That's a good idea as well. I am thinking, maybe the Governors dog stows away and at the next place she goes it gets off the ship. If she doesn't recover the dog all the negotiations she just went through will be for nothing.

I originally wanted to role play that we were a band, but my wife wanted to be a princess.
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: