The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New campaign: Diplomatic immunity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> New campaign: Diplomatic immunity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabriel81
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: New campaign: Diplomatic immunity Reply with quote

Hello

For my next campaign I want to place the characters in the outer territories at the start and after a couple of adventures I will see about moving them inwards. One of my players wants to play a imperial diplomat and another a force user and a third a mercenary/bounty hunter.
I have been looking through wookiepedia for good planets to make the campaign revolve araound but thers is so little information on most of them.
Im thinking of letting the diplomat have his bodyguards be the rest of the characters and give him a leading role so the adventures will revolve around his diplomatic missions and any plans on the side he might have to increase his own power, which Im sure he will have.
I need a couple of interesting planets, like five maybe that I can create a campaign in which the characters gets more and more involved and dont get any ideas about going of to other parts of the galaxy. Of course I can control this via the diplomatic missions being the gm and all, but I also want the players to want to stay in the campaign. Smile
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the most remote to the closest to the Core:

The Minos Cluster (Galaxy Guide 6 - Tramp Feighter)
The Elrood Sector (Planet of the Galaxy Vol.3 / Operation Elrood Adventure)
Demophon (Supernova Adventure)
The Tapani Sector (Lord of the Expanse)

They have collection of planets, great settings and background, and they probably can fit any character.
Gabriel81
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, great. I didn`t think of looking in those books. I just looked in the planets collection and the internet. It`s been a while since I looked through the books. Thank you. The minos cluster sounds interesting, I will have to look in to that.
BreederofPuppets
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soes the player want a diplomat character of a diplomatic one? I played in a Cyberpunk game as a Fixer (Mr. Smith), and while short lived, I was the one site 'boss' of the three solos that were with me. Exclusive contract and all that. A different spin on your game is to make it underworld based, with the diplomatic being the voice of a big time gangster, mob boss, etc, and he's out to work deals with not so terribly nice people.

The Jedi...well, as long as he's morally flexible, he'll be alright.

Being a diplomat for a corrupt government might be fun as well. They could be good guys in a bad place, trying to do good. Or moderately good guys in a bad place, trying to survive.
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a neat baseline for a campaign. Have you considered the Imperial dipolmat as being sympathetic to the rebellion and having to try to help the cause with his power, maybe pulling rank on local goveners or mayors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: