The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Relocated TIE Fighter Factory..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Relocated TIE Fighter Factory..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Relocated TIE Fighter Factory.. Reply with quote

Im thinking of involving the players in the Kota TIE factory attack.
(Now, please dont drop spoilers here, I have players on these forums)
However I have some problems with the location of Nar Shaddaa, as in our games an Imperial installation does not fit in there.

Can someone give me a good location for this installation that is far enough away from the core to be 'unguarded' enough for an attack, but not on the border of wild space (why would they place such an installation in the outer rims to begin with)?

EDIT: Are there any information about TIE Factories. Size, layout, anything?
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...As I recall the adventure Mission to Lianna covers the Sienar Fleet Systems main plant in the Tion Hegemony. It also had a number of maps that might be useful for such a mission. I haven't seen that adventure for a long time, but it was fun when I last played it.

...As to systems, not quite on the fringe, that's a bit tougher. One option is putting a world in the Fakir Sector (from the original setting--came with the 1st ed. GM Screen, but was later reprinted). Another might be the Portmoak Sector (from Galaxy Guide 9), as worlds such a Reusi VII are noted for industry (at the expense of the locals, of course).
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Mission to Lianna is actuall one of the two books remaining from my Star Wars RPG collection...

No TIE factory maps as far as I can see, some corporate office maps though.. (apparently its the Santhe/Sienar headquarters according to the module).

I remember the Reuss system from GG 9 (again, book is gone). It will do as a good 'out of the way' location more 'logical' than the 'Smugglers Moon'.. Ah, I also remeber The Broken Tusk...

Any other adventure featuring a large factory like complex?
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Not that I can recall. The closest to that I can think of is the research center in Black Ice (which could probably be modified for use).
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find some maps from The Force Unleashed (perhaps the strategy guide has some) then those could give you a good starting point. If I run across any I'll be sure to share.

Let me make you a picture!
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
If you can find some maps from The Force Unleashed (perhaps the strategy guide has some) then those could give you a good starting point. If I run across any I'll be sure to share.

Please do! Of course I have been looking for them (as its from the actual facility) but so far no luck...

(And buying a strategy guide for a few floorplans seems a bit excessive)
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy...

Let me make you a picture!
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Floor plans from other games can be used as well--such as BattleTech--or actual buildings (there's plenty of footage of manufacturing centers during World War 2 that can be employed). One could even take the layout of an automobile assembly line & modify it for TIE fighter manufacture.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some of the Death Star Technical Companion floorplans can be used if SFS was producing TIEs with the help of the Empire. Also, some of the floorplans here* can be converted like the Arboretum of one base can be converted into the factory floor area.

*Apparently the code isn't bbcode friendly, so here's the link: http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?filter0[]=40&op1=%3D&filter1= Floor plans in the following pages rather than the first page.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one made with legos: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/135757 Smile

I suggest that you just make them up. There are Star Wars and non-Star Wars things you could use for inspiration. I had them and would have been happy to share them, but they've been placed into the memory of my artoo unit who I sent on a mision to locate an old Jedi Master...
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips.

The SWAG links didnt really fit the bill, but I found a 'Trade Station' (http://www.swagonline.net/node/939) with a similar shape to the TIE factory ther so Ill be using that for the general layout. For detailed maps of corridors, security centers, hangar decks and similar Ill use the Death Star readout. Ill try to use the TFU guide as basis for making my own factory floors.

Anyone can recommend a free software for doing sci-fi floorplans?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link that Whill gave reminded me about the passage through one in Force Unleashed, or at least something similar. Maybe you could check the walkthrough and come up with some rough plans of your own.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The link that Whill gave reminded me about the passage through one in Force Unleashed, or at least something similar. Maybe you could check the walkthrough and come up with some rough plans of your own.

Someone was kind enough to supply my with a TFU guide. However the maps are rather small. The screenshots can be used for inspiration when designing the factory floor (Im thinking of using the 'construction lasers' in the game).

So now Im just looking for some simple software..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: