The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ship Building
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Ship Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Ship Building Reply with quote

Hey, I'm sorry if you guys already answered this but I'm looking for rules on how to make your own ships. I would only use it if its in D6, any help would be apricated.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a decent one at http://starwars-rpg.net/servais/shipgen/shipgen.php, but the link is dead.

They have a new D6 book out sometime very very soon (as it's already fairly late) that lets you customize and build starships. It will be entitled D6 Space Ships.

Take a look at http://www.westendgames.com/ for more information on the book.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one cheshire is mentioning (where the link is dead) is the PHP version that Chris Curtis made from the system that I came up with. I originally made a "generic" D6 ship construction system, based off of the system that was presented in the Starships of the Galaxy (D20) book. From that, Chris came up with a Star Wars specific ship construction system. Sadly, with the hurricanes that hit last year, it wiped out the server where Servias Sector was located, and Chris hasn't had the time or desire to get his website all back up on a new server. To make matters worse, I believe he lost the Star Wars specific version of the program, and only has the copy of the Generic D6 Ship Construction left.

I've got the hard copy of the generic D6 variant. It'll allow for a "close" approximation of Star Wars ships, but it was more designed for a generic space setting. It's also in Word Format, with no directions...and sadly I don't have time to write up directions for doing it. So if you have SOTG or can find the rules for that book, and you request a copy of the Generic D6 ship construction rules from me, you could actually use the information I have. If you can't, you'll have to wait a few months before I'll have time to get the directions all written up and the whole system compiled into a easy to use system.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish that WEG had done up ship construction stuff before they lost the license. Well, that and the promised but never materialized info on modifying & upgrading starfighters.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the material WEG did provide on modifying and upgrading starships could be used to come up with some homebrew rules for starship construction if one wanted to do that.

Wanted Poster
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedFox wrote:
I really wish that WEG had done up ship construction stuff before they lost the license.

What about the new generic D6 Space book on the subject. Have you looked at that?
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
What about the new generic D6 Space book on the subject. Have you looked at that?

Is that even released yet? I know that "D6 Space" is out, but I thought the ship-building supplement hadn't been released.

And no, I don't own it. I've heard that D6 Space is very similar to Star Wars, though.

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's out, I own it. In fact, I got it direct from WEG.

It looks good. A touch flawed in some areas, but easily workable.

You'd have to divide the cost of ships by a large amount, as it's based on modern prices, as opposed to Star Wars Prices (Which are like 1950s Dollars).

But that's about it.
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
It's out, I own it. In fact, I got it direct from WEG.

It looks good. A touch flawed in some areas, but easily workable.

You'd have to divide the cost of ships by a large amount, as it's based on modern prices, as opposed to Star Wars Prices (Which are like 1950s Dollars).

But that's about it.

Really? Tell me more.

I own the D20 Starships of the Galaxy and I was thinking of converting its system to D6, but it seemed so complex it was pointless for something so rare (the few games where you could comission a starship from scratch).

I'm honestly much more interested in the Starfighter version of Tramp Freighters, but yeah...

I have Star Wars stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: