The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What other books do I need?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What other books do I need?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DS-61-4
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: What other books do I need? Reply with quote

Hello to all!

I've finally caught up with a dream I've had for too long, and that is GMing a star wars campaign. I don't like the d20 system, and have had experience with the D6 system as a player. I spent several of my savings to get these books. Please tell me what else I should need and which adventures are the best to get. Thanks!!

SW The roleplaying game
Gamemasters Handbook
Imperial Sourcebook
Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
Star Wars Sourcebook
Classic Campaigns
Instant Adventures
The Politics of Contraband
Death Star Tech Companion
Strike Force: Shantipole
Starfall
Battle for the Golden Sun

That's about it. I've heard that the Darkstryder campaign is very cool. Please advise on other books that are useful ! Thanks!!!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Edition is your Rulebook? I would strongly advise on getting the 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded rulebook, as it's got all the wrinkles ironed out and is a beautiful book.

As for sourcebooks, you're already covered on all the basics. The rest is fluff. Some books I find quite useful are Gundark's Fantastic Technology and Stock Ships.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say what you need depends on the types of campaign/adventures your going to run. If your going to run a campaign/adventure where the PCs may run into pirates or privateers, or may become pirates or privateers themselves, then you may want to use the Pirates and Privateers book. If your going to have them get chased by a bounty hunter, then you may want to use Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters. Creatures of the Galaxy could provide you with new creatures to maybe attack the characters or maybe serve as mounts or even general annoyances. Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin could be useful for adventures set in those locations. Check the PDF sharing thread in the Tools forum for any books you don't have that you think you may need. Gry's Ship Stats PDF is certainly one that you may find a cherished resource due to the immense number of ships he's collected.

Wanted Poster
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am trying to get copies of the following:

SW R+E 2nd Edition Rules
SW Special Edition Movie Trilogy

As Gry said, the rest is pretty much fluff.

For any books you may want, take a look at the Tools section in the forums. There you may be able to download some books you may be looking for.

Peace.

Stule
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluff depends on who you are and what you're looking to do.

Wanted Poster
DS-61-4
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, all the books I've got are 2nd ed. The rulebook is the blue book, not the Rev&Exp. Is the GG:10 Bounty hunters worth the buy? I've also heard that the Tatoointe manhunt and Domain of Evil are nice adventures.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS-61-4 wrote:
Luckily, all the books I've got are 2nd ed. The rulebook is the blue book, not the Rev&Exp. Is the GG:10 Bounty hunters worth the buy? I've also heard that the Tatoointe manhunt and Domain of Evil are nice adventures.
The GG10 is the ONLY GG I don't have. Apparently it's rare. I have Tatooine Manhunt and it's the first module (in any RPG system) I've run and it'll always have a special place in my heart. Plus it has the first appearances of Adar Tallon, Jodo Kast and Zardra.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: