The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> New Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwcroft
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: New Campaign Reply with quote

Well, I'm finally starting up a campaign. Thus far I have 3 players.

One is a bounty hunter, a grizzled veteran. He served under General Kota as a Mandalorian mercenary, many years ago, before Kota disappeared and his unit was destroyed. Eventually he turned to bounty hunting to make a living.

The second PC is a young Jedi who recently lost his mentor to one of the Emperor's Dark Jedi assassins. He's an able pilot, and for the short time he's been on his own he's made his living as such.

The third PC is a Twi'lek entertainer who was sold to slavers by her clan. She charmed the slaver captain into keeping her on as an entertainer, and picked up a knack for starship engines from one of the crewman. The captain has employed her as an informant, as well.

After the slaver captain lost his pilot, he hired on a young spacer (the Jedi) as his replacement. The Jedi quickly discovered his new employer was a slaver. The captain, having fallen on tough times, decided to sell his prized Twi'lek. The Jedi helped the Twi'lek escape. Together they stowed away aboard a ship leaving the system.

Turns out, the ship belongs to a bounty hunter (1st PC). Instead of blasting them, he decided to hire them on as crew. And so begins the game.

I'm thinking about using the Mos Eisley sourcebook for their starting locale.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the beginning of a promising friendship. What do you have planned for them?
pwcroft
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I haven't got that far yet. Smile

Some sort of bounty gig on Tatooine.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I recommend the published adventure "Tattooine Manhunt"?

It's an excellent one and I believe what a lot of the Mos Eisley sourcebook material is based upon.

A lot of folks here have mentioned that it's one of their favorite classic adventures.

There's also a thread about it here: http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2570
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have a bounty hunter don't forget to checkout the bounty hunters guide and maybe the "No Disintegrations" book.
pwcroft
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Manhunt adventure, but it doesn't quite fit with this group of characters or the time frame.

I'm thinking I'll open the game in media res, with the Jedi and the Twi'lek escaping the slavers. And the bounty hunter will be away from the dock, looking for a job.

The Jedi and Twi'lek will manage to smuggle themselves aboard the other ship while the bounty hunter registers for a bounty in the same sector (Arkanis) -- and the only lead he has is an affiliate of the target acquisition, on Tatooine.

By the time the bounty hunter is into hyperspace, he discovers the stowaways. Let them RP the exchange. Hope nobody kills each other. When they finally drop out of space, maybe the slavers have followed them?

That's just the beginning. Thoughts?
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good let me know how it works out.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking, as youre using Kotas Militia. What happened to that force after Kotas 'incident' at the TIE Fighter facility?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: