The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anyone have stats for some armors?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Anyone have stats for some armors?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Anyone have stats for some armors? Reply with quote

I have Gry's Equipment stats book.

And while if I continue down the path I'm on atm I may end up wearing dark force armor, atm I'm only an ex clone who hears voices. SO.

I'm looking for stats on:
Composite Armor (SWG)
Rebel Spec Forces Armor

Also Gry did the stats on the Katarn RC armor - and I love the look.

Wookiepedia says something about being valued up to 100,000 credits on the black market, and our GM wants to go by that.

If I find a set - you think it would be worth it?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have stats for some armors? Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
I have Gry's Equipment stats book.

And while if I continue down the path I'm on atm I may end up wearing dark force armor, atm I'm only an ex clone who hears voices. SO.

I'm looking for stats on:
Composite Armor (SWG)
Rebel Spec Forces Armor

Also Gry did the stats on the Katarn RC armor - and I love the look.

Wookiepedia says something about being valued up to 100,000 credits on the black market, and our GM wants to go by that.

If I find a set - you think it would be worth it?

That of course mostly depends on how many credits your character usually have. In my games (im the GM) no character would ever have 100K to spend on armour. Most credits will be poured into the teams ship to keep it running.. (those space 10 engines need a lot of maintainence).
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed - and I have seen only power armors fetch anywhere near that price.

So another question, what would you all think a reasonable price for the armor - used and/or black market? That's about the only way I'd get it anyway.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
agreed - and I have seen only power armors fetch anywhere near that price.

So another question, what would you all think a reasonable price for the armor - used and/or black market? That's about the only way I'd get it anyway.

The most anyone has ever payed for armour in any SW I have been part of is about 30-35K. That was my player in an earlier campaign where I was a player. I was the groups tech guy and repaired and sold equipment and droids we found.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpecForce armor comes in all shapes and sizes, but if you mean the SpaceOps marine armor, here it is:

Quote:
Marine Armor
Model: Rebel Alliance Boarding Suit
Type: Pressure-suit armor
Scale: Character
Cost: 5,000 (Not available for sale)
Availability: 2, R
Upgrade Slots: 1
Game Notes:
Armor Protection: +2D physical +1D energy, -1D Dexterity and related skills.
Life Support: Provides protection for 24 hours in the vacuum of space or other hostile environments.
Magnetic boots: reduces the character’s movement by -3 but allows a character to walk along metallic surfaces (such as the outside hull of a ship).
Propulsion Pack: Adds +1D to all swimming rolls, and allows a character to maneuver without penalty in zero gravity.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 45)

Here's the latest version of the Katarn armour:
Quote:
Katarn Commando Armor
Model: Katarn-class Commando Body Armor
Type: Commando armor
Scale: Character
Cost: 30,000 (Not available for sale - 250,000 in the black market)
Availability: 4, X
Upgrade Slots: 3
Game Notes:
Armor Protection: +2D physical and energy, -1D Dexterity and related skills.
Comlink: Tongue-activated helmet comlink.
Retractable Vibroblade: Concealed in right gauntlet, does STR+1D+2 damage, uses melee combat skill. May be set to automatically spring out every time the user punches a target, in which case it uses the brawling skill.
Environment Sealed: The armor’s seals allow the wearer to survive in extreme heat or cold, toxic environments, underwater, or in the vacuum of space for up to 24 hours.
Auto-Bacta Injectors: When the wearer suffers a Wounded or worse injury, the system automatically injects bacta on the affected area. This does not actually heal the wound, but reduces the injury penalty by 1D (and keeps an Incapacitated character awake, as if he was only Wounded Twice). Unit has a single charge; multiple bacta injections grant no further benefits.
MFTAS: Multi-Frequency Targeting Acquisition System; adds +2D to Perception and search checks in low-visibility situations, +1D to ranged weapon skill uses against targets moving more than 10 meters per round; polarized lenses prevent flash-blinding.
Viewplate: Macrobinocular imaging set (50-100/200/500 meters range) with UV nightvision (See MFTAS, above).
Utility Belt: High-tension wire, grappling hooks, spare blaster power packs, ion flares, concentrated rations, spare comlink, water packs, 2 medpacs, additional supplies pouches.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 44)

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this composite armour.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the designers go berzerk with those black market prices.. isnt the 'normal' black market price for illegal (X) items x4? Id say those prices are not for 'combatants' but for rich collectors with too much money.

Edit:
Like at an auction at the Most Honorable Guild of Armourers.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is our gm tends to think that those black market prices are reasonable due to the fact that such armors aren't commercially available.

I guess I'll have to get a set the hard way then. Problem is doing that without damaging it extensively. Even if my characters an expert at such tactics.

and the spec force armor I was hoping on stats for is the one pictured on wookiepedia. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel_body_armor

though I think those stats are probably for the pictured armor, which is fine. I just wanted to confirm what I was actually looking for.

Composite armor would probably go by the same basic stats as the spec force armor, as its rather similiar in appearance. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Composite_armor
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
problem is our gm tends to think that those black market prices are reasonable due to the fact that such armors aren't commercially available.

I guess I'll have to get a set the hard way then. Problem is doing that without damaging it extensively. Even if my characters an expert at such tactics.

and the spec force armor I was hoping on stats for is the one pictured on wookiepedia. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel_body_armor

though I think those stats are probably for the pictured armor, which is fine. I just wanted to confirm what I was actually looking for.

Composite armor would probably go by the same basic stats as the spec force armor, as its rather similiar in appearance. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Composite_armor

But I had a rethink. They are reasonable, if they are that unusual and have some collectors value on top of that (being used by a famous military unit for example). The problem is that not even wealthy combatants will buy the armour, or even use it if they 'found' it. Better sell it and be able to equip 100 troopers.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Heck for the cost of one Kartan class boarding armor i could get 100 sets of smasher armor, 100 blaster rifles and still have enough to more than likely buy a couple of rounds at the bar.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:

What would make you think that it is unreasonable? That's really the problem with black market items, the people sell them to make money, and you pay for the opportunity to have elicit items with discretion. If I want to go out and buy an AK-47 in Boston (a city where it is illegal to carry a good many types of pocket knives) tomorrow, I'm going to pay a whole lot more than it costs to make the item. It would cost my supplier money to have the items smuggled into the country and to have it arrive without a paper trail.

Now, if you're talking about simply getting a hold of something more mundane, such as a 22 pistol, then that might be different. I could probably buy one off of a member of a street gang for cheaper. Of course, the weapon is more likely to have been stolen from the beginning, and there would be a registration paper trail (assuming the original owner reported it stolen), and so forth.

The illegal armor you want is much more like the AK-47. It is a military item, it's not been in service for some time, it wasn't the most common armor to begin with, and it probably took quite a lot for the marketeer to get a hold of. Those opportunity costs for him are going to turn into monetary costs for you.

Is it an unreasonable price to pay? Well... that depends on how much money you have on hand, and how much you value the item.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true - they do all the work - I just pay for it.

Due to lack of funding atm I will probably have to go the other way around however.

I will more than likely have to settle for a different set of armor for the time being. Though I suppose I could find info on a suit of armor somewhere.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
Thats true - they do all the work - I just pay for it.

Due to lack of funding atm I will probably have to go the other way around however.

I will more than likely have to settle for a different set of armor for the time being. Though I suppose I could find info on a suit of armor somewhere.

If your GM goes by Equipment Stats just use the fact that theres absolutely no consistency when it comes to costs (or Dex penalties). There are some really good armour that are dirt cheap for what they do. *cough*NovaTechPowersuit*cough*.. Rolling Eyes
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
and the spec force armor I was hoping on stats for is the one pictured on wookiepedia. though I think those stats are probably for the pictured armor, which is fine. I just wanted to confirm what I was actually looking for.

The stats I posted are for that exact model of armor you pointed out.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what I thought - it was the mag boots and such that made me think so.

But just wanted to make sure. I always liked that armor - Its a decent amount armor just by its normal stats but hen the little additions are generally quite useful as well.

thanks a ton you guys.

last night I started my search. Found a number of locations where commandos were lost in assaults and deemed unrecoverable. Finding info on the spec force armor is proving far more difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: