The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Guide of Materials that add bonuses to weapons/armor ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> A Guide of Materials that add bonuses to weapons/armor ? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tetsuoh, I've been working on something similar to this with my sourcebook I have complied a list of all materials and metals that I could find and even put them into a hardness scale. If you would like shoot me a pm with your email address and i'll send it your way.
Darth Paul
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance I could get a copy of that?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the info i got from the author on Rheinium..

From 60 A

GM NOTE: Rhenium:

A silvery metal with high-energy threshold capabilities. Once processed and refined, this metal allows for the focusing of energy weapons to high degree. The Empire has requested all of this metal. The material suggests use for increased increased weapons damage; other applications could be in large-scale weapons manufacturing. Additionally the skills needed to mine and more importantly refine the material are highly guarded secrets of the Adalli and Xis Corp; even rebels are not given this knowledge.

The metal increases the energy threshold of weapons. In this case the Adalli are using the rhenium to amplify the output of the plantary defender. Naturally some character's might wonder if such things can work on smaller weapons and the answer is yes. Rhenium on smaller weapons can increase the damage of the weapon by +1d. This upgrade is in addition to the technical limits in the book as this is a new technology. For inquisitive players it can do no more to improve the weapon. For characters interested in the market value of Rhenium, it sells for about 500 credits an ounce. While the Adalli's provide the rhenium the amount needed is 1 ounce per original damage die code of the weapon. This amount only applies to character scale weapons.

For larger scale weapons see the author, Erin Moore.

Large scale weapons or defenses are extremely expensive.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting - I still see it as being an exotic metal used IN the construction of blasters rather than on it though. But other than that I have no qualms with including it in the listing if those involved don't mind it.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
interesting - I still see it as being an exotic metal used IN the construction of blasters rather than on it though. But other than that I have no qualms with including it in the listing if those involved don't mind it.

Yeah, perhaps some internal components are replaced with new components made of the stuff. 2500 cr to upgrade a heavy blaster or 2000 cr to upgrade a blaster piston in addition to the normal upgrades..yikes!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Imagine also the issue with the imps if you get found WITH a weapon that has been upgraded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: