The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Time Travel Campaign - help with events
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Time Travel Campaign - help with events Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sid Sonoma
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the PC's decide not to jump? well they continue adventuring in there own time. They probably would not see most of the changes in their lifetimes, however if the campaign last long enough and they end up playing relatives of their initial characters the players would see changes that the characters wouldn't.

If they fail? Well, like i said, small changes can be overcome. If Yoda ended up dying, Obi wan might still train Luke (and Leia) as spliting them up I seem to remember being Yoda's idea.

However, if yoda lives and R2 never makes it into Obiwans hands on Tatooine, Alderaan and Leia are toast but Yavin Base would still be safe for now.

I have about 2 weeks to a month between game sessions as other players run their games, this will give me time to figure out some consequences of inaction or failure.
Sid Sonoma
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
And keep in mind that other than the Force visions, the information about the past would be what is available to recorded history. I would say that a lot of the details of the lives of the movie characters wouldn't be known in 137 ABY.

Probably right. I will probably say that the cultures of certain characters in which they were heroes kept details of their lives (ex. Admiral Ackbar).
Yoda's past i could see being kept on file during the Empire as the Emperor would try to gleem what little information he could to figure out where he might have escaped to.

Maybe i will have an obscure race that has existed on some backwater planet that believes their purpose is to keep the history of the universe. they send there agents out to record information and bring it back. the sith master just happened to encounter one of the agents, interrogated him and gained access to the planets libraries? Dunno, will work on this.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If such a race/library existed, ALL the powerful groups out there would stop at nothing to either control it (info is power) or deny it to others...
Sid Sonoma
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. But in such a large galaxy I think one could hide pretty easy if limited contact is maintained. Rumors to such a place would exist but no record of it.

Maybe the library isn't on a planet? What if it is moveable? Maybe droids are the agents? Or Shifters? Rumors and falsehoods leaked over time would help to distract from the real thing.

The nice part is i don't have to fully flush out the idea of where the History records came from unless the PC's wish to go find this source. I might borrow from their ideas thru brainstorming to find them as to who and what the sources really are. And even then, they might never find it Razz . It's far down the line at least on adventures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: