The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Most amazing run of sixes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Most amazing run of sixes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Most amazing run of sixes Reply with quote

Reading the adventure threads got me thinking.

What was the most amazing run of sixes you've ever rolled/seen in a game and how did it effect the scene?

For me it changed a short side venture into an event of almost galactic note.

As an Esoomian (a species whose homeworld was under Imperial quarantine) I was forced to wear a lot of disguises. One such disguise ended up becoming a somewhat well known musician. We were on Nal Shada for a while so I attempted to earn some extra credits by performing for the Hutts. One performance went well so I got another gig fairly quickly, this time the other PCs decided to back me up.

At this time I was going by the pseudonym Johnny No-Eyes and my musical style was largely percussive (including rhythmically hitting Gamorians), the Verpine PC played a keyboard while the Quarren PC adopted the name Billy the Squid and used a jizz wailer.

I had about 6D in performance by this stage and seeing as the gig was in a large venue and had holocam coverage I spent some character points as well. I got a respectable 34. As far as performances go it was excellent.

Billy the Squid had nothing in performance so he was forced to just use his 3D attribute. We all watched amazed as the wild dice rolled six after six after six. When he finally finished rolling he'd scored 62... almost double what I rolled.

Needless to say he became an instant sensation, the holodisks (which the covers were already printed for) quickly got relabelled. Instead of being
Johnny No-Eyes Live it became
Johnny No-Eyes presents:
Billy the Squid

Soon everyone in the sector had at least heard of us, and thinks we're rich, famous musicians but the Hutts had the rights to the profits for the gig and the holovid sale we just got standard rates. To top it off because of a stunt I pulled at the last gig everyone thinks Johnny No-Eyes is a Jedi.

Good times.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

Last edited by Esoomian on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: My cousin Dude once... Reply with quote

while playing a Jedi went to hit someone to knock him unconscious (stating that he was just stunning the target...) and rolled a 52 on 3D for damage.

The funny part about that little story is that any time Dude plays a Jedi and rolls an unarmed attack on them (of the three times it has happened in the entirety of all the SWRPG I've ran...) he has rolled obscenely high to knock people unconscious with stun attacks.

Keith...who believes in the power of Dude...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gencon 03 iirc. Table of newbies who had a dozen games between them, me (on my 50th or so game), and a jedi (on his 30th game). Facing off against a quartet of imperial royal guard and the dark apprentise they were guarding, i rolled for my shotgun to hit.. got 16. Dark apprentise got a 23 for his LS combat block but the gm said he did not realise what it was. IRG 1-3 all dodged successfully, but #4 was hit. Dam was a fluky 38.. but his soak was 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,5,2,2....... for a grand total of 63.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had anything nearly that dramatic as rolling a 62 on only a few dice. However, I was running one of my "winter campaigns" (every winter I used to run a 5-6 adventure campaign for newbie gamers). One guy had never roleplayed in his life, and he decides to open fire on an enemy NPC with his hold-out blaster. I told him not to expect too much out of its 3D+1 damage. He winds up rolling 6 after 6, and winds up with a 32 damage. I described it has having pulled the trigger, and his enemy was left as a pair of smoking boots with a bit of charred wall behind them.

He decided not to tuck that gun into his pants.
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while my college gaming group [which met 1 to 2 times a week for 4 years, winter or summer] had a chalk board where we kept records of really amazing rolls. I wrote them all down

1 person with a 34 with 1D
4 people with a 35 with 1D
1 person with a 37 with 1D

And me with the grand roll of 41 with 1 wild die!!!
Annoyingly I was the GM rolling a speeder scale weapon against my favorite NPC. So I ended up trashing my favorite NPC and the PCs had to use Transfer Force to save him. Still we never forgot how a "its not even worth rolling for" die roll turned into something that statistically shouldn't have happened in my life time.

We also kept some track of bad rolls. One guy rolled 5 bombs is a row. And another guy rolled a 10 with 8D. Yet another rolled a 17 with 12D!

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most amazing run i've ever seen was one of my pc's piloting his ship. He was trying to out-maneuver 3 Tie Interceptors with his rust-bucket. Originally the PC's were meant to be captured, but after he rolled (with a 3d6+1 score) a remarkable 72 in front of me - in that one round he spun in circles so much that the Interceptors crashed into each other trying to get in the middle of them and he hit hyperspace - getting away clean.

JT Swift wrote:
For a while my college gaming group [which met 1 to 2 times a week for 4 years, winter or summer] had a chalk board where we kept records of really amazing rolls. I wrote them all down

1 person with a 34 with 1D
4 people with a 35 with 1D
1 person with a 37 with 1D

And me with the grand roll of 41 with 1 wild die!!!
Annoyingly I was the GM rolling a speeder scale weapon against my favorite NPC. So I ended up trashing my favorite NPC and the PCs had to use Transfer Force to save him. Still we never forgot how a "its not even worth rolling for" die roll turned into something that statistically shouldn't have happened in my life time.

We also kept some track of bad rolls. One guy rolled 5 bombs is a row. And another guy rolled a 10 with 8D. Yet another rolled a 17 with 12D!

Love the saving the bad dice rolls too! I think the record for the worst I've seen was one of my players rolled excellent.... except when he had to use the force!

"Alright, I'm going to use my TK to flip the switch and open the door"

PC rolls 4d+2 - and rolls a 6 (total, 1,1,1,1 + 2)

Ok.... the rest of you see your Jedi pass out. What do the rest of you do?

The funny part about it was - every time he went to use the force he just got crappy rolls. And it was only when he used the force. lol.

When using the Force I think his highest roll with the dice was an 11 (and he had built up his scores to 4d con, 4d sense, and 4d+2 alter). was amazing how badly he rolled - everyone started jokes whenever he would say "Ok, I'm going to use the force and... "
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The force is not strong in this one.... Laughing
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kid in one of my old group years ago, was fighting a storm trooper with his blaster. The kid was unarmed, and had martial arts power block. He was trying to disarm the guy from the guy

(We made up a lot of custom martial art styles, so this may or may not be an official move. Basically it takes away the +10(Or +5?) when fighting against unarmed)

He rolled a 58? Or something incredible On 4D.

The GM said the blaster basically exploded into dust.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
The force is not strong in this one.... Laughing

Indeed - the Force was not with him.

Sadly, he died at the end when he went to use the Force for absorb / dissipate energy.... I imagine you can all guess what happened. LOL
jmanski

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: