The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny Stories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Funny Stories Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnorgard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of the very first campaigns I ever ran, the sole player was a smuggler who had gone to Kessel (for some reason). Unfortunately, neither of us actually knew that much about Kessel, so it became a normal planet ruled by organized crime with lots of towns and stuff.

Anyway, the smuggler walks into a bar near the landing bay and spots a one-armed bartender (now a running gag in episodes that aren't dramatic) and from there the conversation proceeds something like this:

"So, what's the special of the day?"
"Wookie Surprise."
"...and, how did you lose that arm?"
*without even looking up* "Wookie Surpise."

We were both laughing too hard to continue until after dinner at that point. I cold just imagine the bartender trying to plunger a Wookie into a giant steel stock pot.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a game story, but funny nonetheless.

my 7 year old put her hair up and pulled a pair of her old pants over her head, with the legs being her lekku and pretends to be a twi'lek...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome!!! Great imagination! Laughing
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was role playing Zach the Wroonian he had a family heirloom, mainly his sword, that got dropped,
by K.L.R., as we were fleeing and the main doors were closing. I was hoping that like in Indiana Jones right
before the doors closed that he would grab it real quick. But instead he let the doors close completely shut
.... then ignited a lightsaber cut a hole, kicked the door in then grabbed the sword.

Which I thought made for a nice little scene. Hope you enjoyed it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have seen the look on your face when you thought KLR was just going to leave the heirloom.

Price-freaking-less.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My groupwas looing for a Subla Ransom Cargo Hauler, but as I am running during the Clone Wars, they had a hard time findsing a "used" one, and were at least 100,000 credits short of the price for a new one.

Into Spicv the Squib, trader extrodinare. Being the groups first eoncouter with a Squib, they were unprepared for what was to ensue. By the time the deal was completed, they not only were the proud owners of a modifed Subla Ransom, but also aquired a farm tractor, a 55 gallon drum of cooking oil, six lightsabers (salvaged from the wreckage a Seperatists Droid factory that the PCs had blown up in a previous adventure), an IG 110 lightsaber droid (from the same factory), an arc lmap searchlight, 12 tons of salted fish, a small statue (formerly a hood oranment), one painting (done by numbers), one can of candied bantha, three shield generators that had been kitbashed to work like a Mon Cal design, and half of an astormech droid.

What they didn't own was a ship with a hyperdrive. Something they failed to notice until they tried to leave the planet.
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that is good .....oh my that IS good. Laughing
Riij Skootu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Chesh were my eyes the size of softballs or what?
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too long ago in a campaign where I played a bothian bounty hunter, we were attempting to do a ramp barn swallow with my speeder.

I ended up chickening out but was able to get the speeder lodged in the entryway - I had jumped off. Just one problem - I was tied to the speeder by a 50m length of synthrope. Our cap heard the crash, figured I made it and took off, dangling me along the water. Which caught the attention of a this monsterous squid/fish/THING.

Comms:
"WAIT!!! WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! *smack*"
"what do you mean wait? I aint got all day rat boy - get up here"
"I'm not *smack* *cough* I"M NOT IN THE SHIP!!!"
"YOUR WHAT?!!!!" *slows*
*ROAR*
"OMG GO GO GO GO MUCH FASTER!!!!!"
"MAKE UP YOUR GD MIND!!!!!!!"
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what that critters' words were

food on speeders Rolling Eyes
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riij Skootu wrote:
So Chesh were my eyes the size of softballs or what?

Usually. Smile There were a lot of things that KLR did that provoked reactions from you. Most of the time they were interpretations of his masters wishes without feeling the need to bother the master with the application of the interpretations.

I remember something about setting an orbital cannon to overload on a Sith military base before the party made their escape.
Darth Paul
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't in Star Wars, but in the 90's we played a lot of the Middle Earth Role Playing game. In one session, one of our party was apprehended by the law for some crime or other and quickly sentenced to hanging. Of course, we attempted a Robin Hood-type rescue; mainly, this involved our Ranger firing an arrow from the window of an inn overlooking the town square to sever the rope. Of course, he fumbled and ended up putting an arrow in the arm of the guy we were trying to rescue.

The rest of us were up close to the gallows and managed to cut the criminal down and flee through the crowd to a nearby stable, where our horses had been stolen because we had threatened the stable boy earlier ("A copper for lookin' after your horses, sirs?" "We don't have any copper..." draws sword from scabbard; "... only steel."

All the up-close action delayed the escape of our ranger, as he was covering us from the window of the inn. He was supposed to throw some caltrops out of the 2nd storey window to dissuade pursuit, and then jump out onto his horse. Of course, he fumbled his maneuver again, and ended up missing his horse and landing on his own caltrops.

Can't remember how the rest of the session panned out, but we had a few good laughs.
notmalcolypse
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Sometimes, you should consider your audience. Reply with quote

Ok, when just about everyone in my gaming group was about 15, we had a game that has haunted the GM ever since.

We were playing a group of jedi learners. During an adventure, one of the found what turned out to be a dark side battery that called out to force users and made them covet it. It was a stone statue, described to us by a soon to be mortified GM thusly: "It's made of some black, native stone. It eminates coldness through the force, but is warm to the touch. It sits around nine inches tall including its short square base, and seems almost like an obelisk except that it is round, with a domed cap on it."

We lost it. It took quite a while before we could stop laughing.

The first coherent sentence afterwards, peppered liberally with snickering was, "Ok, when the others aren't looking, I'm going to steal the dark side d!!do."

Poor GM has never outlived that one.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, thats awesome. twice so because it was by accident Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. What else can you really say to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: