The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone provided me with the WOTC d6 PDF's, I'll remake them as WEG d6 using the conversion site's info.

I have plenty of free time. So whatever is needed, I'll chip in and help.

Something I can't do:
Draw Original Artwork

Everything else, I'll chip in on any project that needs work.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the conversions have been done at http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/

Although it would be nice to have them all in a pdf file.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlestar wrote:
Alot of the conversions have been done at http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/

Although it would be nice to have them all in a pdf file.

That's what I am saying...I'll compile them and put them to .pdf...I just need the books.
Ars_Fortuna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Mandalorians Reply with quote

Mandalorians are in both of the Knights of the Old Republic games, though they feature much more heavily in KotOR II. In the KotOR games the Mandalorians struck against the republic to test themselves in battle. The Republic was losing badly and the Jedi Council was hesitant to act.

The Mandalorian War turned around when two Jedi, Revan and Malak, disobeyed the Jedi Council. The two gathered many young, adventurous Jedi to their cause, then set out to stop the Mandalorians. Revan's tactical ability was without equal and he soon started pushing the Mandalorians back. The bulk of the Mandalorian fleet (as well as a large number of Republic ships not completely devoted to Revan) was destroyed in orbit around Malachor IV by a device which used the planet's gravity to crush everything closeby in the system.

Most of the War's backstory can be learned talking to Canderous Ordo in the first game. The second game gets some more info on the Mandalorians when you go to Onderon/Dxun, where Canderous Ordo, now named Madalore, is trying to rebuild the Mandalorian fighting force. One of the Mandalorian made ships is shown in the game, though I can't remember what it was called. I think it might have be a "Basilisk." As I recall, the original design was a one person fighter/armor (Canderous refers to that design as an armor in the first game, but in the second it looks like a small, cubish starfighter rather than a power armor). The one in game was modified to hold three people (your party) for a short trip from Dxun to Onderon.

A couple of links with some more info (following the Wikipedia links inside these articles will give most of what you can find out from playing the KotOR games):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_old_republic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandalorian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandalorian_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canderous_Ordo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mandalorians
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news on the KOTOR Sourcebook. I found a fanmade d20 sourcebook of the first game. So I just have to convert the stats. Depending how big it is I may just include the first game and make another one for the sequel.
Ars_Fortuna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlestar wrote:
Good news on the KOTOR Sourcebook. I found a fanmade d20 sourcebook of the first game. So I just have to convert the stats. Depending how big it is I may just include the first game and make another one for the sequel.

Very good news, I look forward to seeing it.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its gonna take awhile since I plan on taking everything from the Sourcebook (with credit to the original authors of course). But it seems very extensive of what I seen of it so far.
Jedi_Master_One
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these future fan-made sourcebooks sound GREAT -- to steal a line from Tony the Tiger. Mr. Green Anyway, the KOTOR and the Mandolorian War sound great to add to the mix. I am hoping to do a KOTOR era adventure and these sourcebooks would aid me in the creation of the story. Anyway, thanks for the hard work! You guys are tops.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome links and info Ars_Fortuna, thank you very much, it is appreciated. Since I do not have these games I would be unable to access this information normally, and would have never thought to seek the information in those sources. Though from what I understand of these games, they are set before the timeline I am writing the book for, I can adapt it. This should give me a decent amount of information to extrapolate on and apply to the sourcebook. Wink

I will be including some house made materials in this sourcebook, but they will be clearly noted and marked. I intend to make use of capsules, insets, and sidebars for house rules, information, varriant timelines (to adjust the sourcebook for whether you like Pre-quel error, or orriginal backstorry presented circa the 80's by lucasfilm). I will start roughing out the layout for illustrations and insets this week.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vehicles Stats update:

I seem to have finished gathering the stats from all sources. Now it's just keep an eye open to see if I missed something. I also have to spend a little time making sure the pictures I have are the best I can find.

After this I have to properly organize all the stats in categories and put everything in the right order, and then it's on to editing the pdf!

I'm having a little trouble categorizing these vehicles, specially the aquatic ones. Because there are submarines, there are repulsorlift vehicles that are obviously designed to work over water, but that can essentially fly, so why would they be bound to water? There are hover vehicles that are obviously designed for water, but I'm sure they should be able to hover over land as well. And then there are just a couple that are true "boats"... I just don't want to over-categorize this....

And then, I also want to make a distinction between airspeeders and landspeeders, meaning those that can truly fly and those that just hover above the ground. I'm not sure what flight-ceiling would categorize a landspeeder... up to 10 meters?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be willing to say that some particularly high performance landspeeders (or those with powerful repulsors) might be able to go as high as 50 meters? I would definately categorize anything over 100 meters as a certifiable airspeeder.
As for the hovercraft on water thing...you are right, it only makes sense that they should work on land too, at least on relatively even terrain or without significant debris or obstruction. I'd say lump them in with landspeeders, and put a note in the description they were intended for water which is a relatively flat, even surface, and suffer reduced effectiveness on broken or rocky ground. Also, i think due to water's reduced mass and surface tension, regular landspeeders have trouble with it, as the repulsor effect would scatter the water and push it out and to the sides of the craft (which could sink the craft and cause some problems for PCs) where as repulsorcraft specifically designed for water would not have this problem (possibly due to a more dispersed repulsorfield that lacks sufficient strength to hold aloft on land?).
My two cents.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the distinction between landspeeder and airspeeders is a GM point of interest. The flight-ceiling of a landspeeder must be low. When you decide to give your players a landspeeder, it's because you want them to be bound to the ground, you want to be able to contain them. I believe anything over 10 meters is just to free to swoop around to be considered bound to the ground....

I don't want to alter the official stats of hovercrafts to include a note like you suggest, and I feel I should avoid mixing in the same category vehicles that require different skills to operate.

Right now I'm dividing things like this:

-Submergibles: Anything that can go underwater. Weird thing is, some of these vehicles use Repulsorlift Operation, some use Watercraft Operation, some use Aquatic Vehicle Operation some use Nautical Vessel Piloting and some even use Walker Operation. But that's just too big a mess to try to subgategorize, so if it goes underwater, it's a sumbmergible.

-Hover Vehicles: All of them use the Hover Vehicle Operation skill. Some of them look obviously designed for water, like the Waveskimmer, while others make no mention of it. But I feel the very purpose of hover vehicles is to be amphibious craft, so I suppose they should all perform equally well on water or land.

-Watercraft: This is where things get messy. Here we have repulsorlift vehicles that are obviously designed for water, but that can fly as well, or that can jus hover right on top of the water and there are simple floating boats that use either Watercraft Operation or Sailed Yacht Operation. I think there are just too few of these to subcategorize it.

-Landspeeders (broken down into Civillian, Luxury, Military and Cargo): Any repulsorlift vehicle with a flight ceiling of up to 10 meters. I feel that landspeeders should not be allowed over water, or should at least have some trouble managing it.

-Airships: Floating dirigibles. There are only 2 of these, but I don't know where else to put them.

-Airspeeders (broken down into Civillian and Military): Repulsorlift vehicles with a flight ceieling over 10 meters.

-Beast Vehicles: Beast-pulled wagons and such.

-Cargo Skiffs: Skiff-like vehicles, no matter the flight-ceiling.

-Gliders: Paragliders and such, all use Repulsorlift Operation, except for the Ewok Glider.

-Ground Vehicles: Anything with wheels or tracks. Trains go here as well.

-Rotor Vehicles: Helicopters and ornithopters.

-Sail Barges: Self explanatory.

-Speeder Bikes: Self explanatory.

-Swoops: Self explanatory.

-Walkers: Self explanatory.

Any comments on this, any suggestion of different arrangements or better names for the categories?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Speeder Bikes and swoops could be combined into one category. They are very related as the rules and write ups for them indicate. Possibly combining the submersibles and the boats into simply a Watercraft section? As for layout, I think it would be best to go from Water going craft, to land going craft, then to airspeeders; Using the categories listed, like so:

-Hover Vehicles: All of them use the Hover Vehicle Operation skill. Some of them look obviously designed for water, like the Waveskimmer, while others make no mention of it. But I feel the very purpose of hover vehicles is to be amphibious craft, so I suppose they should all perform equally well on water or land.
-Watercraft: This is where things get messy. Here we have repulsorlift vehicles that are obviously designed for water, but that can fly as well, or that can jus hover right on top of the water and there are simple floating boats that use either Watercraft Operation or Sailed Yacht Operation. I think there are just too few of these to subcategorize it.
-Submergibles: Anything that can go underwater. Weird thing is, some of these vehicles use Repulsorlift Operation, some use Watercraft Operation, some use Aquatic Vehicle Operation some use Nautical Vessel Piloting and some even use Walker Operation. But that's just too big a mess to try to subgategorize, so if it goes underwater, it's a sumbmergible.
-Beast Vehicles: Beast-pulled wagons and such.
-Ground Vehicles: Anything with wheels or tracks. Trains go here as well.
-Walkers: Self explanatory.
-Speeder Bikes: Self explanatory.
-Swoops: Self explanatory.
-Landspeeders (broken down into Civillian, Luxury, Military and Cargo): Any repulsorlift vehicle with a flight ceiling of up to 10 meters. I feel that landspeeders should not be allowed over water, or should at least have some trouble managing it.
-Cargo Skiffs: Skiff-like vehicles, no matter the flight-ceiling.
-Sail Barges: Self explanatory.
-Airships: Floating dirigibles. There are only 2 of these, but I don't know where else to put them.
-Gliders: Paragliders and such, all use Repulsorlift Operation, except for the Ewok Glider.
-Rotor Vehicles: Helicopters and ornithopters.
-Airspeeders (broken down into Civillian and Military): Repulsorlift vehicles with a flight ceieling over 10 meters.

This way, the vehicles seem to flow based on category and concept, from one end of the spectrum to the other.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your opinion KageRyu, but I beg to differ. Swoops and speeder bikes might be very similar, but they are governed by different skills, and there are enough of both to warrant different categories. Same goes for submergibles and watercraft, in an adventure it's quite different if you want to give your players a boat or a submarine, they serve different story purposes, also there are enough of both for different categories.

About the order, I agree that they should flow according to their environment. But considering that Landspeeders and airspeeders are vastly more used than watercraft and such, they shouldn't be left to the end of the book. I'm thinking of inverting the order: air to ground to water. And inside each category I organize them from least to most powerful, regarding mainly body strength and firepower.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always disagreed with Second Edition RE's making swoops a seperate skill, as swoops were described as extremely fast cousins to speeder bikes when they were first introduced.

As for the watercraft/submersible, I was merely suggesting it to help reduce sections in the final book. As you mentioned there were only a few of each. I know they have different functions and storry uses, but they both are water vehicles too. It was just a passing thought.

Organizing the vehicles by body strength and firepower is a good idea too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: