The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GM Aid tool & Character Creation Tool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> GM Aid tool & Character Creation Tool Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you run it as a user and get the window that sais downloading, did you click on the connect text?

as for the error message you need to register the ocx file on the computer, it appears that if you run as a user it works because the user account accepts that the ocx is in the directory and therefor works while when you run as administrator it doesnt realise the ocx file is there, it might work if the ocx file is put in the c:\windows\system32 folder, but Im not sure.
one thing you might try is to put the ocx file in the c:\windows\system32 folder and then run the command promt as administrator and type the following into it and press enter:
regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would give you guys an update.
Im currently working on a creation wizard for the character generator, this will allow people to see when they selected a species that has other stats then the one for the template, for example if you picked the template young jedi but changed the species to wookie it would warn you that your perception is to high or if you picked the template pirate and changed the species to gamorrean it would warn you that your strength is to low. It will also warn if you used more then the allowed attribute dice (depending on your species), for example picking any template and changeing the species to twiŽlek would warn you that you used to many attribute dices (sense they get 17D attributes). Once the creation wizard is done it will open possibilities for other features as well.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted an update to the Character Generator, it contains a couple of bug fixes (thats the reason that I posted it) and it also contains the first parts of the character creation wizard.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just posted another update of the character creation application.

I fixed the skill portion a bit. Now when you pick a skill it automatically starts at your attribute for that skill (instead of at 0D like before), unless its an advance skill that starts at 0D that goes straight to 1D just like it should.
It also removes any skill from the list if you lower it so its the same as the attribute.
Also when selecting a skill in the list it shows your attribute dice unless you raised it above this.
The force skills have not been changed in this version but they will be fixed in the future as well.

As always, comments, questions, suggestions all are welcome.
If you have a problem ask and Ill do My best to help you resolve it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something you might consider, why not put a link to the download page in your signature? It would allow us to easily click the link after you make your posts about updates.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the updates are posted so you need to update the application with the update software, I haven't actually posted a new install file so the download is the same as before.

But thanks for the input, I added a signature now anyway, but to get the latest version you still need to run the updater, it will update all files that need updating as well as the database. As for the install file, I will update that once I have gotten some more work done on the different applications.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I try the GM Tool or the Data Editor I get "Run-Time Error 3265" Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

Is this because you have not finished those portions or is it a computer problem on my end?

Thanks for you hard work on this.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't happen, Im looking into it right now, will post back when I fixed it.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I updated the files now, just run the updater and it should correct the problem.

Let me know if you still have the problem or if this fixes it.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That took care of the problem. Thanks.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted an update again, this redoes a couple of things that are done for future updates.

This update includes fixes a problem with the updater crashing when it was updateing, updates to fix some minor problems that has come up, it added a launcher application that now is started by default and lets you pick what application to run (including the updater), this will also mean that any links to the old files are no longer valid so you might have to redo them.

I have also released a new setupfile with the latest update in it, it includes the updated links in the menu and some other things.

There is one problem with this update that might come up if your useing an old link, for some people install shield will reinstall old files, this is not a problem if your useing the launch application, if you on the other hand use some other way to launch the application you might get stuck with an old version or a version that doesnt work at all, so if you get the old files back I suggest you download the new setup file and reinstall the hole application suit.

IF YOU REINSTALL REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR DATA!!

I will release a tool to backup the hole database shortly, it can be a big hasel to backup everything useing the data edit tool.
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I done the database backup tool now, download it here:
http://www.wolfhack.se

or by this direct download: direct link
erebus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted another updater, I done some work on the skill selection and force skills in the character creation wizard as well as updated the force section a bit, it now supports force traditions with different skills for every tradition (if you like that is). Also started working on keeping track of CP you spend, it now adds the cost of the first dice in an advanced skill and also the first dice of a force skill, not much I know but I have to start somewhere.

Feel free to come with comments, suggestions, bugs, questions, anything really, just post a reply here and Ill try to answer/fix it as soon as possible.
gollummen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happend to this project?
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lite the site is gone.

I don't suppose there is a D6 character generator around anywhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: