The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Comment on a D6 Criticism that I have heard...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> A Comment on a D6 Criticism that I have heard... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because every 3 pluses you get, would go to the next die code... it doesn't matter what the situation is.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
LoneStar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I thought but so says the book. The book is the 2nd edition rulebook revised ans expanded. I can try to find a quote but that won't be very soon.

LoneStar (expanded)
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now on page 54, I gotta admit, this is interresting.

I really like the way they handle the force points for non force user. Its a little similar to D20, but way better as all points over the limit of 5 (same as D20) are converted to Character Points compared to lost in D20.

I also prefer the benifits, doubling your ability die code (instead of a few cheap extra dices on the next roll)

I'm really starting to get interrested. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The force point has saved my characters, and those close to them numberous times... I could never cheap out on what a force point is by playing D20... The Force is supposed to do miraculous things, not just give a small bonus. A Force point in WEG Starwars can allow matrix dodging or allow you to lift a speeder which someone is trapped beneath, or make impossible maneuvers through unheard of terrain in your starship. It makes the impossible situation possible, but no less difficult.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It allows you to fly up a Ladder, thrusting your shoulder into the face of your commanding officer who was looking down the shaft wondering what was going on, throwing him across the Capital Ship Bridge, and dislocating his shoulder, breaking his nose, and giving him a severe concussion.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vartax wrote:
which book and where?

Crell Damar wrote:
no, because every 3 pluses you get, would go to the next die code... it doesn't matter what the situation is.

2nd edition page 55 : "Example : Tirog, with a Strength of 3D+2, is using a vibroaxe which does damage of STR +2D. When Greg spends a Force Point and Tirog hits with a weapon, he rolls 6D+4 for his Strength plus the normal 2D for the weapon." 8)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now on page 60 (slow but steady)

Is it just me or is it really that easy to turn to the dark side. If a "low level" character with 2 dark sid point rolls a 1 on the 1D after recieving his second he's already turned to the dark side.

Isin't that a little fast? 8)

LoneStar
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call it bad luck Wink

But yeah, it must be frustrating to lose a character after a 2nd point, but at least, you can't fall to the Dark Side by getting only 1 point. And since players usually are aware that they will get a DS pt before getting it, they take the risk willingly and should accept the consequences.

In terms of gameplay, I guess it means that the character was not strong willed enough and too eager to resist the temptations and fell quite quickly.

LoneStar (the lure is strong)
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoneStar wrote:
...you can't fall to the Dark Side by getting only 1 point. And since players usually are aware that they will get a DS pt before getting it, they take the risk willingly and should accept the consequences.

The path to the Dark Side is quicker, more seductive. I think WEG made that rule perfect. A player that says, "oh, I get one chance to be bad so its okay" is already showing signs of having that character falling to the Dark Side. At least that has been my experience as GM.
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrawprin wrote:

The path to the Dark Side is quicker, more seductive. I think WEG made that rule perfect. A player that says, "oh, I get one chance to be bad so its okay" is already showing signs of having that character falling to the Dark Side. At least that has been my experience as GM.

Exactly...also you could always get lucky and roll higher that your DSP and not turn until you get 6 like Ragnar. Actually because of my cybernetics I had 8 when I turned.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's more machine than man, now. Twisted and evil." Very Happy
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnar wrote:
...also you could always get lucky and roll higher that your DSP and not turn until you get 6 like Ragnar. Actually because of my cybernetics I had 8 when I turned.

So Ragnar, did "Ragnar" become an NPC then? I assume he did unless you were making an extreme effort to do good and remove dark side points.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's down to 6 darkside points... he's on his way.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrawprin wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
...also you could always get lucky and roll higher that your DSP and not turn until you get 6 like Ragnar. Actually because of my cybernetics I had 8 when I turned.

So Ragnar, did "Ragnar" become an NPC then? I assume he did unless you were making an extreme effort to do good and remove dark side points.

No I stayed PC because of an agreement between me and the MOG. He was going to let me go as Darkside as i wanted. I decided against that path after I got a taste of it. It's hard to be a hero when you're evil. So now I have conflicts when it comes to doing good or evil.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stun, no Kill... Stun... Kill... Stun... Kill... Look, buddy, I'm fighting with myself right here, you better run before the dark side takes over... Stun... Kill... Stun..." *Zap-Zap* "Oh good, it was on Stun!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: