The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Single roll Force use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Single roll Force use Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liquidsabre
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reference sheet for powers (1 line each, 2 column page) and a couple of tables sounds doable. I'm curious how this will work out.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So basically it becomes real easy to use..

Sure, but you can just apply the modifiers anyway... Or simply just use the higher of the two... Or you could simply apply the modifoer as a bonus to the opposed roll.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many powers though have opposed rolls.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Every power I can think of that is modified by relationship has (or allows) an opposed roll. As for proximity, that's usually applied to sense powers or the sense portion of the power.

Anyway , I like the idea of just using a single roll, but I totally revamped the rules for learning and using Force powers (mechanics are the same, though). Maybe I'll post them up in a new thread for critique when I get a minute.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great thread and I will keep an eye on it. I've always thought of myself as a failure because I haven't used the force RAW and frankly am too lazy to figure them out (much less figure out the problems with DSP after the prequel changes and so on). I had no idea that the first edition had a more free-form mechanic, which is what I wanted to really have in the first place.

I had been thinking of using a "system" somewhat like the Barbarians of Lemuria magic system. There are "magnitudes" of powers, cantrips, first magnitude (simple spells cast with a focus like a staff or book), second magnitude (more serious draining/preparation) and third (severe sacrifice/preparation, long casting, etc) with difficulties scaled accordingly.

Obviously the SW force powers don't really need any foci, and not much in the way of preparation, but I like the basic framework for assigning difficulty on the fly based on what the intended use is. I have to figure out whether keeping control/sense/alter as opposed to the d6-style "extranormal" attribute is worthwhile, and how to handle force points/spell power type things.

Thanks for letting me read along with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: