The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I want to have all the fun stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> I want to have all the fun stuff! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw me a few suggestions on what to play next!
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother once played a little orphan child with a penchant for breaking into the weapons lockers and trying to smuggle blasters through customs. He caused no end of chaos to our party, until a bounty hunter killed him. Sounds like the type of thing you may enjoy.

Complete Starship Construction System
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should create a "pacifist" doctor, who with his knowledge of xeno-anatomy is super deadly with a scalpel/knife. Maybe he moonlights as a bio-chemist with a passion for natural neurotoxins existing in the many poisonous fauna throughout the Star Wars galaxy.

Lots of fun adventures to collect samples!

Ooooh, he also is interested in acupuncture, so he can render a full grown man immobile with nothing but a small pin.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two excellent ideas. I have a few ideas with demolition maniacs as well.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Bren wrote:
Yeah, try running an evil character who somehow can't help doing good. Laughing

Not exactly the same, but this got me to remember a short story about 'the good nazgul' who was picked on by the other nazguls because he wasnt eeevil.. The story made fun of the fact that bag guys (in this case in fantasy/ ad&d) often was being described like stereotypes and cliches.

But even the good Nazgul had a relapse problem, so he had to live under the Tree of Kindness to keep on the straight path... Laughing

Man, I must have read this in the 80s... Laughing
It's interesting how we see basically good (or at least non-evil) characters as often being in danger of falling to the dark side, but we rarely if ever see evil characters as being in danger of falling to the good side or at least falling away from evil. Interesting imbalance.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
Raven Redstar's doctor suggestion reminded me of a web comic I was reading recently that had an interesting character. Sam is a cussing, cynical, hot tempered, chain smoking, alcoholic, psychopathic, combat surgeon and explosives expert. I especially liked the fact that she is overweight (no doubt from all the beer she drinks) without being ugly. http://www.thezombiehunters.com/cast.php
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Raven Redstar's doctor suggestion reminded me of a web comic I was reading recently that had an interesting character. Sam is a cussing, cynical, hot tempered, chain smoking, alcoholic, psychopathic, combat surgeon and explosives expert. I especially liked the fact that she is overweight (no doubt from all the beer she drinks) without being ugly. http://www.thezombiehunters.com/cast.php

Laughing It was actually my girlfriend's idea. I borrowed it with her permission.

To be honest, I think the scarier person would be the quiet, well spoken, seemingly totally scrupulous and dedicated doctor, who is capable of severing someones arteries in the blink of an eye. Then lectures himself about how he could have simply disabled the person instead of killing him. He's got a credit jar or something that no one knows why, for times when he breaks his oath as a doctor. Not to mention having weird "fun facts" about completely terrifying creatures through the galaxy. He then uses "holistic" medicines made from the venom of such scary creatures.

The outspoken cuss cannon just gets kind of old after a while. Maybe it's the American movie channels filled by rampant swearing with gratuitous nudity and sex that has numbed me to the idea being fun.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Random Numbers wrote:

That looks like a fun comic.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the latest debacle the party consists of:

One armed and one legged Jedi.
Wookie close combat medic.
Sleazy Twilek conman/trader.
Space dwarf engineer.

The merc blew himself to bits, so we're short at least one combat guy. I have a feeling the guy who played the merc will make another combat dude. So I guess we are missing a pilot, but pilots are boring to play.

Maybe I'll make a Twilek Inara Serra who is also a demolitions expert. Hopping from system to system disguised as a companion, but really is a die hard rebel fanatic.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or an extremely fat tech guy who has droids that do all the work. He just sits around in his space ship eating crisps while his little minions are out doing the dirty work. He can only move around on a grav-sled due to his enormous body fat. Like a human Hutt. He is fighting the empire out of a frantic need to be accepted as he is, and the empire has rejected his application into the armed services because of his physics. He is a scorned nerd with a desire for vengeance. Also, the rebel alliance is an excellent way to meet chicks.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows about a bookworm type nerd, who loves rattling off facts..
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Like a human C3PO? Could be a knowledge guy or a tech guy I guess. Or someone with just a single high knowledge skill. That could be fun. But that could also apply to the human Hutt.

Sheldon Lee Cooper in The Big Bang Theory comes to mind.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
Bren wrote:
Random Numbers wrote:

That looks like a fun comic.

It is, I tried to recommend it to my brother only to find not only does he already read it he actually knows the author.

I enjoy the character Charlie a great deal but he doesn't fit into a SW setting at all.

[side]I also love the concept of Mercies[/side]

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Like a human C3PO? Could be a knowledge guy or a tech guy I guess. Or someone with just a single high knowledge skill. That could be fun. But that could also apply to the human Hutt.

Sheldon Lee Cooper in The Big Bang Theory comes to mind.

Have you seen the revamped "death race" film with Jason Statham? I was more on about like that fatish guy, "Numbers"..
High know skills.. moderate per. low tech/mech/dex/str.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
After the latest debacle the party consists of:

One armed and one legged Jedi.
Space dwarf engineer.

The merc blew himself to bits, so we're short at least one combat guy.

Bring out the gimp Jedi... Laughing

Space Dwarf...presumed alive Wink

That Merc came raining down in pieces from 60 m up in the air (where all his grenades exploded (while on his person) after a failed suicide bombing of an Inquisitor (with Danger Sense activated)).

Random..how about...'

Meet BURTON & CYB: intergalactic conmen of the lowest order, with the hardware to back them up . . . at least until they pocket their loot and scoot, leaving their victims in a cloud of space dust. Two inseparable rogues- one human, one android- roaming the galaxies and solar systems, seeking out the wealthy, the greedy and the downright stupid to pull one of their countless scams.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: