The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Astromech Modification
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Astromech Modification Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Astromech Modification Reply with quote

"Cold One"
Cost: 250 Credits
Game Notes: Replaces half the Hyperspace Buffer with a small refrigerated unit, and a pnumatic can launcher, with a small amount of trajectory software (Which is augmented by the stock programing.).

The Astromech can hold a half-dozen cans of whatever cold beverage you'd care to name, and has the skill "Projectile Weapons: Can Launcher" of 4D. It was originally invented by an enterprising tech in the earily days of the New Replublic, and has been catching on with Snubfighter Jockies.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget a sensor to detect where thirsty people are.

And the cans do 2d damage when launched directly at someone at point blank range. Very Happy
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's voice activated.

"Vape, Cold One!"
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vending droids! Brilliant! A walks junk food store. I can see them as far as the space lanes go. Why walk from Cantina to Cantina looking for your favorites when, bam! You run in to a VD and there it is at a low to medium price.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vending Droids, trust me, you *PAY* for the convience of having it available for you at all times!

Vending Machines are expensive to begin with. Imagine how much more you'd have to pay if they walked up to you as well!

'Course... That would be a good thing to rip off and put on your ship.

"Not only does it make a passable cup of coffee, it's also where we store our illegitimate hyperspace jumps. We have yet to have a Customs Official even *THINK* about looking in there."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Vending Droids, trust me, you *PAY* for the convience of having it available for you at all times!

Vending Machines are expensive to begin with. Imagine how much more you'd have to pay if they walked up to you as well!

'Course... That would be a good thing to rip off and put on your ship.

"Not only does it make a passable cup of coffee, it's also where we store our illegitimate hyperspace jumps. We have yet to have a Customs Official even *THINK* about looking in there."

LOL!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why did you equip the Bartender Droid with a Flechette Launcher?" "Closest we could find to a shotgun."
Dan Solo
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
"Why did you equip the Bartender Droid with a Flechette Launcher?" "Closest we could find to a shotgun."

Let me guess: actual quote from the Far Orbit campaign?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. GM wouldn't let us modify the droids to go against their LPPs. Evil or Very Mad

Otherwise, it would have been. Oh well, our Bartender Droid *DID* have a Sean Connery voice!
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droids can have all kinds of hidden goodies! Just look at all the stuff the fits into R2D2 episodes 1-6.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! I personally like the "Cold One" addition...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I knew that "Lightsaber" launcher had to come in handy for something else too. 8)
Now it just needs a coin Operation system.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Lightsabre Launcher" is actually a Flare Launcher, IIRC. Something that should be standard on something like an Astromech. Downed pilot needing to get some attention and all that.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that... It makes sense. But I don't know for sure if that launcher was a standard R2 device or not.

Speaking of, does anyone else find it saddening that in the prequels, R2 had rockets to use that were nowhere to be found in the original trilogy? I know, I know, "the technology available, blah blah blah." My point follows what Gry was saying in another thread about the clone troopers' armor being better equipped than the stormtropers of the original trilogy. It would've been handy for R2 to have those boosters on Dagobah. Not NEARLY as funny as seeing him hurtling through the air, spit out by the swamp beast, but you get my point...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm willing to bet they're not stock, and are likely to be *VERY* expensive to maintain, and not likely to have that done on board the Corvette.

After all, why bother? When's he going to need them when maintaining the Engines, Cleaning the Floors, Serving Drinks, Painting the Hallways (Or whatever R2 did on the Tantive IV)?

As for the Stormie armour being less equipped than Clone Troopers, well... Cutbacks and all. And the Empire isn't in a "State Of War" like the Clone Wars, just Rebellion. Nothing major. Why should they need as much "Expensive" equipment when that money could be used to train *MORE* Stormtroopers.

And Officers. And pay for the Officers. And ensure the Officers are living to the levels expected of one of such exaulted rank. With four speeders and a big house. And a staff of Alien slaves. And so on. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: