The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How do you handle the changing Star Wars universe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> How do you handle the changing Star Wars universe? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell it like it is, B.
Tybalt
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i do not like to have to do what the books, say and neither do the players. i think converting things and developing your own stuff is perfectly ok, especially when everyone is having fun
Jace_Terrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy Blizzards of the Coast sourcebooks. EVER! Twisted Evil

But I still read the novels, the comic books and watch the cartoons. I use the material available and try to "merge" it with existing information via compromises. If there is no such information, I make it up.

In a way, I like having campaings in the Prequel Era (though it's not as cool as the Classic Trilogy Era), because it gives me a lot of opportunity to make up my own stuff.

Example: Clonetroopers are NOT Stormtroopers in my campaing, because it contradicts existing information.
So, I do a compromise. Kinda.
Why aren't Stormtroopers clones in my campaings?
Well, because their growth acceleration make them pretty useless in the long run. They age twice as fast as regular Humans. Of course, the life expectancy of a Clonetrooper isn't very long.

Also, the brainwashing and indoctrination of Stormtrooper cadets functions as another aspect that puts fear into Imperial citizens.

Also, in my campaing, the clones never were that realiable. They were forced into action too soon, etc. Making them unpredictable in the endgame.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Kabal
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, nothing that was done in the prequels or most of the EU will ever see daylight in a campaign I run. Stormtroopers are not clones (and they never were), the Clone Wars was fought against a clone army, which is why cloning was outlawed. Boba is not a clone. Anakin was carved to pieces by Obi-Wan, and then fell into Lava (which apparantly is being changed for EpIII), there's none of this silly "only 2 sith ever" garbage. The emperor does not have a clone, since cloning cuts you off from the force, 99.9999% of the Jedi are extinct, but there are still some force sensitives around. The list goes on and on.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could figure out how to convert from D20 to D6, then I'd get the WotC sourcebooks just so I could put all the material in a proper SW RPG format. Though I might get them to use as resource material for other purposes. Really prefer D6 as I don't have to worry about which dice to use and it pushes you to use math more. Roll 5D with results like 1, 5, 5, 6, 2 and you have to add 'em up where as roll 1 D20 an it tells you right there what you got. Besides, if you have the X-wing or TIE Fighter Strategy Guides, add up the WEG stats for a Star Destoryer's crew and gunners and then look in the strategy guide's tech section at the crew. Guess where they took their stats from.

Wanted Poster
RedFox
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
If I could figure out how to convert from D20 to D6, then I'd get the WotC sourcebooks just so I could put all the material in a proper SW RPG format. Though I might get them to use as resource material for other purposes. Really prefer D6 as I don't have to worry about which dice to use and it pushes you to use math more. Roll 5D with results like 1, 5, 5, 6, 2 and you have to add 'em up where as roll 1 D20 an it tells you right there what you got. Besides, if you have the X-wing or TIE Fighter Strategy Guides, add up the WEG stats for a Star Destoryer's crew and gunners and then look in the strategy guide's tech section at the crew. Guess where they took their stats from.

WotC has a little official conversion sheet on their webpage here.

It takes a lot of calculations, but that just goes to show how complicated D20 is. Razz

I have Star Wars stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a conversion table at their website and I recall it being D6 to D20. Didn't seem easy to reverse to me, otherwise I'd have used it on the ARC stats.

Wanted Poster
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I establish a rule at the beginning that the only cannon materials in my universe are from the movies, or speciifc things I've liked from the expanded universe.

From there on out, its there game. If they want to try and kill Luke Skywalker in cold blood, I'll let them try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: