The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force points for reaction skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Force points for reaction skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
entropy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Force points for reaction skills Reply with quote

In various threads here, I have read a number of suggestions that certain skills, especially force-powers, be used as reaction skills. I know that my group has allowed absorb/dissapate to be used in that way in the past.

I am looking for opinions on the use of a force point to take an action immediately. Primarily this would be used as a reaction (TK a grenade away, Absorb/Dissapate an unexpected blaster bolt, trip an enemy who suddenly runs past you, etc.)

Basically, you would spend the force point, declared at any time, your stats would not double as normal, but instead you would be granted one single action at your full dice. You cannot do this in a scene/round in which you are spending a force point for any other reason, and you cannot do this more than once in any scene/round. If an action would require multiple rolls, (I jump onto the hood of that passing vehicle and slam my vibroblade in to hang on) the DM should decide whether it is acceptable or not on a per-case basis, and inform you before the force point is spent. In this case the two rolls for the action would be at -1D each.

This would be available to any character, PC or NPC, force-sensitive or non-. I envision this primarily being used outside of initiative, but also when you've already acted in a round and find you need to do something else. The standard rules for recovering force points at the end of the session could apply (If you were Heroic, you get the FP back, If it was dramatically appropriate, you get an extra FP).

So what do you guys think? Would you use it in your groups? Any abuses jump to mind?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not abuses, but for those who are force sensitive, i could see them whining that as they only get to keep 5 total, they could not 'use' this to it's fullest....
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think five actions is a great idea, since a Jedi doing light saber combat could have up to 30 dice in his pool to swing that bad boy(s) around. or maybe a third of the actions. So, 10 actions.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always allowed skills that I feel are reasonable to use in a "reactionary" fashion to be used as such, no force point nescessary. This includes skills such as Telekinesis, Absord/Disipate Energy, Swimming (more apropriate in/under water than dodge), etc... I try to be flexible, and whenever such a question comes up I just step outside the game for a minute, forget about rules, and ask myself "Is it reasonable? Does it make sense?". If I find myself sayin yes, then it is allowed. I have even, once, allowed an attack as a reaction of sorts...it involved those insipid rodian repulsor razors and shooting one.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you do the same for the enemy? Or do you just say they can??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: