The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Skip Ray Blastboats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Skip Ray Blastboats Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a game that we are playing in this question came up since in the different books and versions (2nd edition, and 2nd RandE) it is hard to understand. My own personal view is to know what the scale for either the ship or the weapon, you need to look at the skill required. So only starfighter pioleting is required to fly thus the ship is not capital scale. The only gun that requires capital ship gunnery is the Ion cannons. And the shields show a regular starships shields is required. These ships are great for getting close to the large ships avoiding damage while shooting the ion cannons. Another view that came up was that the shields should be capital since i the discription says (capital scale due to power output). And yet another view was that since these ships are designed to take out large captial ships, the concussion missles or proton torpedos should be capital scale.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen some gms who have skiprays be either way. Say one is cap piloting and weaponry due to power, and another is SF scale, but cap on the ion cannon... He justifies it as different models.
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play this starship like a scale starfighter craft except for ion canon, hull & shield damage. Assuming I use the dice cap rules, this ship is not overpowered.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: