The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How to counter the ol' Stormtrooper disguise trick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> How to counter the ol' Stormtrooper disguise trick Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I don't think he would have been in more trouble than any other armored figure in Ord Mantell.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might depend on how many New Republic sympathizers are about... or old Alliance members.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:

How would the rest of you handle a character who openly wears Storm Trooper Armor in an Urban Camo pattern. Just wears it as day to day wear.
Bounty Hunter character who has ex-stormtrooper in his background and spent more than the black market price to have this armor.

To me, that depends on a few things..\

1) the look. Just cause he paid for the armor to have a camo pattern, does not mean it does not still look like storm trooper armor. If it is recognized as such, he is in for a world of hurt, even with his Ex stormie backround.
2) Time frame. In a NR era game, he might get away with it, even if he was in Remenant area. In a ROTE game, no way in heck..
3) Authority. If he got the armor legitly, eg transfered out of the army, at his time, and went straight into the Bounty hunters guild, i COULD possibily see the army allowing him to wear second hand armor. But the mere fact he has black market armor, will kill that off.
4) WHERE... IMo one of the biuggest parts. If he is in rememant terriotry, or is in an area tied to the remenant/has strong imperial leanings, they might cause lots of trouble for him. In a NR held area, they still might give him problems cause he might be thought of as an imperial sympathizer or spy. Out in the neutral areas, it would depend on who is in charge...
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ord Mantell an Imperial planet during your game Boomer?
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This takes place a little over a year after Thrawn has died.

Ord Mantell was the FIRST planet Thrawn hit and held, grabbing a large amount of supplies and throwing the Republic off gaurd. It was let go by Thrawn and and the New Republic recovered control shortly before his death, which was difficult to maintain during his siege of Coruscant (Known in History as "The Longest Week" due to the fact that government and major commerce were virtually haulted the entire time.)

Shortly after the defeat of Thrawn, Ord Mantell went to New Republic control once again and has been running service normally as a scrap yard, as it's supposed to be.

Now, Ord Mantell has always tried hard to keep out galactic authority, especially during the time of the Empire. This was mainly due to the large pirate population that used the place as a home port.
Such is no longer the case, with the Empire gone, and the Republic in a poor position to provide galactic defense, the pirates are out pirating again.
So the militia, formerly known as the silent fist of the pirates, is in a poor shape to maintain control and make Ord Mantell look like it doesn't need outside help. But the New Republic cannot provide the outside help that Ord Mantell needs with law enforcement.

...I could go on and on.
But so far what I am hearing is not much diffrent from the way I am already running it. But I like having outside opinions to consider anything I might have missed.
to finance my 'vette!
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another solution to the problem. Shot them before they get in the stormtrooper armor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What what? Stormtroopers that can't shoot straight? Wink
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<crackle>"Uh...TK-1138? Your blaster fire has become uncannily accurate. What's the deal, over?"<crackle>

E
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Only Rebel Troopers are so accurate."
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One, what Obi-Wan was saying on Tatooine was that the fire was too accurate and powerful for Sand People. Only storm troopers hit that well. Never said how well the storm troopers hit, and they didn;t exactly go over the scene CSI style to show us, either.

Next, on the Death Star, yes we all know they were missing on purpose.

Hoth... people died. A LOT... 'nuff said.

Endor, those tiny friggin ewoks, so hard to hit! But rebels, got Leia with a hip shot, and it was basically just her, Han, and a handful of others left. Everyone else was good and dead. I'd say that was good shooting.

And that's really all I can think of. Just to keep the record straight before we continue the jokes...

...because how the heck can they hit anything with those TINY, TINY eyeholes in the helmets.
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the Stirling SMG was infamous for it's bad sights. (It's an SMG, and, well, it's a Lead Hose. Not a precision weapon.).

And, yes, "I can't see a thing in this helmet!"

Oh, here's one way to counter it: "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" "Yub Yub!"
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you go by the Dark Forces games, stormies are a rather gabby lot. You'd figure someone trying to pull off the stormie disguise routine wouldn't want to talk too much. So just blast the stormie who remains quite for more than two minutes. Razz

Wanted Poster
Darth Windu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with Outcast and Academy, the stormtroopers won't shut up.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Well, if you go by the Dark Forces games, stormies are a rather gabby lot. You'd figure someone trying to pull off the stormie disguise routine wouldn't want to talk too much. So just blast the stormie who remains quite for more than two minutes. Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: