The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A new lightsaber idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> A new lightsaber idea Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, in fact, would have liked it very much if WEG had created proper stun rules to reflect what we saw in the film. That would make stun weapons only effective at extremely close ranges, which would negate the benefit it has of dropping someone down on a wounded result.
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always assumed that the stun blots were less effective up close. Rancor Pit need to start working on a new house rule I think.

On a side note, it's amazing how a topic about a new lightsaber idea get transformed into a debate about the physics behind blasters set on stun.

Laughing

Let me make you a picture!
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of that, if a stun bolt is supposed to be a spreading ring, that kills your range and increases chance to hit, how come that isn;t in the rules.

I have seen that as a house rule, but it just isn't in the normal rules. In the rules, the only thing that changes when you set your weapon to stun is that it now stuns, rather than kills.

On top of that, everyone keeps talking about how in the movie we see "The shot spread, the shot spread!" But remember, it shrank back down to just a point when it hit Leia.
It could very well have been we were watching the stun bolt from head on.

And I agree with the point Skyler brought up. Lightsabers can defect the wide arc of force lightning. In the game battlefront they deflect every spread shot weapon. Why would they be unable to deflect stun if in fact stun was a spread shot?
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, Boomer! Work with me!!! Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
And I agree with the point Skyler brought up. Lightsabers can defect the wide arc of force lightning. In the game battlefront they deflect every spread shot weapon. Why would they be unable to deflect stun if in fact stun was a spread shot?

Well, iirc on the force lightning description, all 3 times we have seen it, the jedi was close, real close...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember the Jedi standing somewhat close... but here's yet another "devil's advocate" move...

Perhaps the Force Lightning acts like those glass globes that have the electricity generator inside, with all these arcs of electricity being projected out to the glass- but when you touch the glass, you attract the lightning (or at least several branches of it). If you put more than one finger on, or your whole hand, you attract more or all the electricity to one or two spots on the globe. Perhaps when the lightsaber successfully catches one branch of the lightning, all the rest get automatically drawn there, like a lightning rod...

Man, I just love throwing these opposing points out! hehehe Twisted Evil
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can't really count the whole "Dalaa shot Callista" thing.

Since in game terms she can't deflect Blaster Bolts anyways. This is one of those few issues that has never really been brought up in the Star Wars universe.

Let me make you a picture!
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Boomer wrote:

Well, iirc on the force lightning description, all 3 times we have seen it, the jedi was close, real close...

No, I wouldn't call all of those very close.

And besides, the ring? Yes, it spread out. But than it shrunk back to a point when it approached Leia, and didn't hit her until it was the size of a dot again.
Can anyone explain this phenomena? Anyone have any idea what it means? And how come in every case that some tries to make a rule for the "spreading ring stun" they never take into account the "shrinking ring stun"?
to finance my 'vette!
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Exar Kun's double-bladed lightsaber was truly a work of art. It was created in such a fashion that each blade's intensity was fully adjustable; each could either deal full damage, be dialed down so that they'd only do stun damage, or even become insubstantial (read: glorified glow rod).

Um, where'd the bit about Kun's lightsaber being set to stun come from?

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this a long time ago in the Essential Guide to Characters, I believe. I'll admit it's possible the stun setting might be extraneous data embedded in my brain after all these years, but the methods he used in combat I remember quite clearly. I'm also fairly certain that it had said something about a middle setting that didn't do any damage, but was still coherent and "solid," as it were. If anyone's got the Guide, I'm sure it'd make a great addition to the PDFs on RancorFiles...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: