The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Far Orbit Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Far Orbit Project
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: The Far Orbit Project Reply with quote

I am wanting to run The Far Orbit Project for my players. Has anyone run this module. Any advice or problems or suggestions that come up in the adventure would be appreciated.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep making mentions to my "Gods of the Universe Campaign" that I was in.

It started out as the Far Orbit Campaign.

Big payouts, try to limit them. Really. Majorly. Totally!

Other than that, it's a really fun campaign.

At the begining, there'll be GREAT skill differences between the Mutiny Imperial Forces and the "Hangers On" that came to make up the losses for the Loyal Imperial Forces that were killed/escaped. Play up to that, the Imperials still doing a "Spit and Polish" job, while the "Scum" aren't doing so hot, and heads knocking against each other over that.

The Far Orbit itself is going to need maintence, and you can't just find parts for it at any old "Freighter Shack" or anything. You need military capital ship hardware, and that'll be well protected! No, the Rebellion doesn't have any to spare. No, you can't buy it on the open market. Yes, black market has it, but at a 400% mark-up (With your frequent buyer discount, it's usually 500%!).

You'll need a place to stage your attacks from, where will the Far Orbit be based? Even a place to just store stolen goods would work. Hollowed out asteroids are a popular optoin. As as abandoned space stations. Or even a junked Capital Ship from the Clone Wars Era.

Finally, you gotta keep your crew happy. Happy crew is a non-mutinous crew. How do you do that?
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, you gotta keep your crew happy. Happy crew is a non-mutinous crew. How do you do that?

Snack machines and specially designated "unclothed crew-members".

...just have to remember to designate the right ones, and the right variety. Nobody wants to see naked wookie males running around, or ewoks without any pants, droids in nothing but the chassis they were built in... my gosh, that would be horrible if no one put clothes on those aliens.
to finance my 'vette!
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"CRUNCH! Why aren't you wearing the bottom half of your Smasher Armour?" "You say is Casual Friday." "NOT THAT CASUAL!!!" "Oh..."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Enter Fluffy the Rancor...

It's ALWAYS casual Friday for HIM.

YOU go ahead and tell him different! Shocked
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to have a comprehensive well organized resistance amongst the crew. It doesn't have to be a bunch, but maybe just an ISB agent who was undercover and a few loyal henchmen he recruits. That way you can always through in mayhem during a regular mission by having there be significant sabotage. Furthermore with an ISB agent as their lead they will be a real force, and difficult to detect and eliminate without making the rest of the crew nervous.

Other than that it's a fantastic resource! I absolutely love it, and have used significant portions of it in two campaigns now.

"That is why you fail."
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K is right, they're darn useful! Now I remember that one of the PCs was an Imperial Agent in disguise. He almost sabotaged the entire Far Orbit!

Hid an Ion Cannon in a little-used crawlway pointed right at a major energy point.

Luckily, he never had a chance to use it.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nother few things are public opinion. VERY important for the Far Orbit.

It's a Privateer for a Rebellion. *NOT* legitimate in the least, but trying to prove themselves as such. The Universe will view them as nothing more than pirates with delusions of grandure.

How does the Officers and Crew counter that? It'll go a long way to gain support with the Rebellion if they're able to give yet more examples that they've a legitimate claim on the fact that they're "Restoring the Old Republic".
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently bought this supplement. Has anyone actually run the whole campaign and could share his/her experience?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: