The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What is your favorite weapon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> What is your favorite weapon? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on the GM really...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vartax wrote:
The Magna Caster is mine. Silent yet effective.

Could not agree more Vartax. My infiltrators chomp at the bit for that lil' beauty!

Don't forget smasher armor for brawling! If you have a bruiser who likes to beat the crap out of everything, the +2D to STR and damage helps a whole bunch!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Universal Cutting Tool (lightsaber). Good in close combat, also good for cutting down trees to build a log raft when you're stranded on a deserted planet.

Although, in our 'Empire invades the Earth' campaign, the fella carrying the M249 SAW raised a few eyebrows. There's just something about ten rounds per pull of the trigger - especially when he fired 3 or 4 time per combat round. Just picture a stream of bullets chewing through wood walls, plaster, fences posts and trees out in the front yard... Sometimes he didn't even try to hit anything, he just wanted to "suppress" the stormtroopers. The problem was everyone ducked. Firing like that, 200 rounds didn't last very long, but the player sure had fun.

Player 1: "Hold 'em just a few seconds!"
Player 2: "I fire full auto for two rounds! Die Imperial scum! Bwa ha ha!"
Director "You hear the stormtroopers outside 'What was THAT!? I thought command said these people were primitives!"
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say at this point my Esoomian character has not found a weapon anywhere near as effective as he is... Although a universal cutting tool would be really helpful...

Do you have any idea how long it takes to batter a bunker door down...

It's a long time... But it is possible
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Do you have any idea how long it takes to batter a bunker door down...

How long does it take to hotwire the Juggernaught?

Or maybe an automated Slurry Truck (REALLY big dump truck)...
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was an issolated (and abandoned) base on a forrest moon. No Juggernaughts or trucks just trees...

Not that the trees weren't helpful 8)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a novel I read once... A small (*VERY* Small!) country invades the USA in an attempt to then lose, make the US feel bad for them, and give them money to "Recover" from their loss.

"And the doors that were tough enough to handle roudy students could not hold up to the siege tactics of the forces, which then battered it down with a felled tree...".

Oh, and talk of their "Secret Weapon" ... The LONGBOW! Ammo is cheap. It's silent. And most of the people of the small country already knew how to use one like a professional.

If I remember correctly, the "Military Invasion" consisted in the size of a modern day "Fire Unit"... ~10 people.

The really insane part... THEY WON!!!

But a Star Wars: Invasion Earth game would rock!!! Particularily if the Imperial Capital Ships don't hang around for long to Orbital Bombard any real opposition... That would suck...

Then again... As all the movies show, Canada wouldn't be touched... As usual.

Sorry... Pet Peeve.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Reminds me of a novel I read once... A small (*VERY* Small!) country invades the USA in an attempt to then lose, make the US feel bad for them, and give them money to "Recover" from their loss.

The Mouse that Roared. An excellent novellette. It was made into a movie staring Peter Sellers.

Ray wrote:
But a Star Wars: Invasion Earth game would rock!!! Particularily if the Imperial Capital Ships don't hang around for long to Orbital Bombard any real opposition... That would suck...

In our campaign, three Imperial Star Destroyers pounded the Earth continually. This resulted in the destruction of most of the world's armed forces in about three months.

Ray wrote:
Then again... As all the movies show, Canada wouldn't be touched... As usual.

In our campaign, the Canadians came to the aid of the United States - The Canadians sent their Mobile Force, which some of the players encountered. The players were impressed since they knew from ham radio reports that Vancouver and Montreal were under attack by the Imperial Stormtroopers.

IRL all Americans know the Canadians are an honourable people who keep their agreements. So we have no doubt if the USA got plastered the Canadians whould offer whatever help they could, just as they did so wonderfully during 9/11. I still remember the Prime Minister: "Whatever you need, we will send. Whatever you ask, we will do." It's good to have such a great neighbor.
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda feel sorry for Canadians. They do have nice prescription drug coverage, decent schools and beautiful wild flora and fauna. But their gun-control laws are almost as restrictive as the UKs.

And besides, bad people still buy guns; but they do it illegally. The good, law-abiding Canadian citizenry are not as capable to protect themselves in a country larger than the US but with one eighth the population. Population spread too far for law enforcement.

Should the Stormtroopers attack Quebec, are the Hell's Angels going to be the only armed defenders? (French-Canadian bikers are some meanest sons-a-guns on the planet!)
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the name! I couldn't remember it for the life of me... Another DVD for the list...

And thanks for the kind words, folks. Is much appreciated...
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we can own some weapons, but you have to jump through some hoops to get them. Also there is a limit to what weapons you wish to get a licence for, pistols and long arms are kosher, but no full autos that’s for sure.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and Volar…perhaps you can have the Canucks send in JTF2.
Nothing gives a stormie a bad day like special forces.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally to bring this thread back on topic.
I have to say the Lightsabre is my favourite weapon…its just so darn cool.
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. For most things, nothing beats a really nice lightsaber.

But I do enjoy Magnacasters, in so far as they are really nifty projectile weapons...
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still partial to my Custom Heavy Blaster Pistol. H.Blaster Pistols own. The easiest weapon to use and the most used throughout the galaxy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: