The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Missile weapons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Missile weapons Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play missilie weapon with extended range because I find it change too much the spirit of starwars dogfighting. Basicaly, it's like dogfight during WW2. Allowing long range missile weapon make turbolasers and laser canons obsolete or useless in fight : less range, less damage rating...

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are more like bombs myself... you really need to fly in close and deliver them... Though most likely you could wire a mass-manufactured droid brain to a powerful engine, pack one hell of explosives on there and you got a smartbomb, I agree with Phalanks Balas that this would ruin the dogfighting flair. And when realism hampers fun, its got to take a step back... or two...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: