The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mature Content
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Mature Content Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But to get back on subject...

..anyone else have this happen in their game, and do they have rules for it?
Does anyone in the game have sex with anything, ever?
Is it just the guy who spends money on ale and whores and you never give it a second thought?
Are two players coupling and your waiting for the right moment before you say they have any kids?

Come on, talk about the mature content in your games, let's collaborate.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the subject came up in a game I was in... My character was brothers with another character, and there was a hot chick NPC in our group. Being a bit competitive, we both ended up spending the night with her individually, but neither of us remembered what happened. We didn't drink that much, and we never found out if anything truly happened or not, or if she slipped us mickeys or not. And that's all the further it ever went.
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my games, both in our sci-fi (SW) and medieval fantasy (ironclaw), we try to avoid it as much as possible, as it really doesn't have much to do with the game or character developement for the most part. The closest we get is occasionally a flirtatious character may look for a little romance that night, and if the character is the type to succeed (proper manners, not creepy, etc.) the gm might make an allsuion to the fact that he gets to spend some "quality time" with a new friend that night. In the medieval game one of my characters has a wife, but when they are together I don't delare to the GM what the night has instore for the two of them.

One reason my main group aviods such things also is due to seeing others go over the top. There has been games with rape, prosititution (PCs iether the prostitutes or the ones running the prostitution ring), and general crude things that have no place in a game like this.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how horrible Talhorn...

Jedi Skyler, you story illustrates the reason why knowing what happened leads to great stories.
We don't need every single detail, just so long as the GM and players who did are sure that yes, it was done.
Chabit and the other player were very discreet, and my inquiry(fierce interrogation) was done in private. One word, in quotes.
I only needed to know because such actions have consequences, and as the GM I have a table handy for such consequences. For all consequences.

If your players go too far with certain things, always have the consequence table ready.
to finance my 'vette!
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this subject comes up from time to time in the games I play and GM. Usually we do it "movie-like", basically roleplay everything as long as it needs to be played out, and the rest just happens naturally after a fade-out... And everybody can think what they want of this situation. 8)

Rules IMHO for this kind of "activity" are a little misplaced in general roleplaying and belong either into the realm of prepubescent geeks or into spoof campaigns (which I happen to enjoy as well now and then).
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akari wrote:
Yes, this subject comes up from time to time in the games I play and GM. Usually we do it "movie-like", basically roleplay everything as long as it needs to be played out, and the rest just happens naturally after a fade-out... And everybody can think what they want of this situation. 8)

Rules IMHO for this kind of "activity" are a little misplaced in general roleplaying and belong either into the realm of prepubescent geeks or into spoof campaigns (which I happen to enjoy as well now and then).

I agree with you on that Akari. There are some things that have no need for rules. Common sense should be good enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that this subject should only ever be broached with vagueness and ambiguity. No need to ever go into graphic detail, except for those times when, like Boomer, you have opportunity to delve into your bag of consequences for something fittingly embarrassing to announce that character's exploits. hehehe Twisted Evil
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like realistic consequences. Sex leads to babies. I got a baby result table.
There are also STDs, in any situation where there is a risk of catching them I have an STD table.

Don't actually need to give me a graphic description, or play it out, I just need some basic info. Did you do it? With who? Were contraceptives used? And if so, what kind?

See? Nice and simple. I even have consequences for doing more than just sex.
Rape: That's a crime now-adays. But in medieval and Star Wars settings it is considered one of the most grievous offenses by many cultures. Expect to be hunted down to the ends of the universe for castration, followed by possible execution if your lucky (they might just mutilate your bits enough to cause other disabilities in walking and waste release and leave you to suffer)
Prostitution: To the Hutts, it's yet another form of making money. Yes it can spread STDs, be smart and invest that money in doctors or you WILL catch one, you can cath them even if you have medical help. But just like exploiting any vice for cash, it puts you in the world of seedy crime. If your lucky someone might shoot you before you get enslaved or riddled with multiple STDs and quarantined/imprisoned as a health risk.
Pimping: Even if your not having sex, you are contributing to the above as a ring leader. You are the target of the violent vices in this and may be held responsible for the spread of several STD carriers, which even in the New Republic still carries the death penalty as many species hold the spread of genocidal diseases that effect population growth as something of a serious issue.

Any negative action: It has it's negative consequences. That is why we call it bad, because it leads to bad things. If it lead to something good than no one would mind. Expect to be shunned as well, losing support from any favorable or safe source for taking part in so much as merely being crude. Just a few fart jokes at the could cause an entire system or chain of command somewhere to look down on you for an entire generation.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly right, Boomer!

The only SAFE sex is NO sex. Anything else, you're taking a chance, bottom line.
Anemone
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
That's exactly right, Boomer!

The only SAFE sex is NO sex. Anything else, you're taking a chance, bottom line.

With Hutts? Yeah. 8)
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seems this is actually a rare problem in RPGs. I have to beleive that is a good thing.

...but I do like the idea of players hooking up, making a kid, and raising this new NPC or future PC in the campaign. I dunno why.
to finance my 'vette!
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only seem to come across this problem in other games. Sex never seems to be a big thing in Star Wars.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
I only seem to come across this problem in other games. Sex never seems to be a big thing in Star Wars.

Thats cause Elves are sexier then Wookiees! Wink
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all depends on how many Furries are in the group. Wink
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akari wrote:
Thats cause Elves are sexier then Wookiees! Wink

Just don't say that in front of the Wookiees... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: