The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Don't try the local cuisine....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Don't try the local cuisine....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Don't try the local cuisine.... Reply with quote

This last adventure took place mainly onboard a Ghtroc freighter. Alrighty we've got:

Steve the Ewok Warrior
Camilla a snobbish Entertainer
Frieda the "germ-o-phobic" crazy pilot

Camilla and her annoying Ewok buddy enter a bar on Nar Shadda, looking for a transport home after Camilla's agent misbooked her ride. While Camilla haggles with Frieda over transport prices, Steve decides to go try some of the local cuisine from a slimy kiosk.

The dish looked like a cross between a crustacean with pinchers, and a purple blob of solid Jello with floating organs. Unknown to the PCs.... it wasn't dead yet.

Steve tried to use his spear as an eating utinsel, but in a shocking display of self-preservation, the food-thing shrieked, grabbing ahold of the spear head with its pincers. It then spouts about 20 little quilled legs that start kicking and squirming rapidly in a flurry. At this point, Camilla and Frieda are boarding while Steve is busy trying to shake the critter off by thumping it on the ground.

Giving up, Steve boards Frieda's ship with the "thing" still clinging to the end of his spear. Frieda (the germ freak) about has a seizure when she sees the creature, drawing her blaster and shooting at it.....unfortunatly rolling a mishap. The spear is blown in half, allowing the critter to scurry down the hall and into the air vents.

While in hyperspace, the PCs embark on a cunning hunt for the critter, which torments the players by scurrying around in the air vents, shrieking.

Steve, short one spear, resorts to throwing stones at the ceiling, while Frieda creates a makeshift flamethrower out of aerosol and a welding torch. Camilla contributed the most by complaining about the travel conditions and napping.

In the end, however, it was Camilla who saved the day. The creature was lured into the corner room by Camilla's sleeping body. Steve pulled Camilla out of bed while Frieda blasted the ceiling, dropping the squealing critter on the bed. During combat, it shrugged off a blaster bolt and ignored a ball of makeshift napalm. It wasn;t until Camilla's expensive clothing caught fire that she used her bare hands to crush the beast with a "squish!"

Needless to say, Frieda ended up charging extra for the mess.

It was a great game for a 14 and 10 year olds' first time.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid's are great! Laughing
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are! How fun that had to have been!
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*laughs* That is hilarious. Whcih of thecharacters were the kids? I have seen some really good younger gamers, one of my groups has a 14 year old in it and he knows the system inside and out.
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great adventure. Laughing My wife (26) was Camilla the actress, her sis (10) was Steve the Ewok, and her sister (14) was Frieda the germ freak pilot.

I feel bad for the people who live below us. All that laughter must've kept them up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: