The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Force Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> New Force Rules Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways, depending on how you made it. What filetype is the table you made?

Also, remeber to use "an" before a word that begins with a vowel.
to finance my 'vette!
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the table is in an odt file (from OpenOffice), and it has some colours.

PD: Thanks for the correction Very Happy
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must post again today, 'cause I have something to say: I have finished the tables Very Happy (and it will be your fault if I don't pass my competitive exam for Secundary Professor Razz). I'll review them looking for mistakes and post them (when Boomer say me how Razz) and then all of you could kill me Razz

See you soon
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean when I "tell" you how, not say you. And your grammar has really picked it up over just a few posts. You must have an excellent teacher where you live as well.

Anyway, I am not sure how a .odt files work, and I do not claim any expertise at computers.
But one possible solution, and one I use with a lot of files, is to copy and paste the text right into the post. If that ruins the original document, than I am sure someone else here has a better solution.
to finance my 'vette!
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,sorry Embarassed Yes, I mean "tell", not "say". And about my grammar...well, my only teacher are you, so... ˇcongratulations Boomer! Very Happy

And about my Force Rules, I am translating them to English. When I had finished them, I'll try to post them here, żok?

Greetings to all of you Very Happy
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Yesterday me and my group begins our game, and I could try my system for the Force. And I have to say all went very very well.

I have only one Jedi PC, so we could try the system with detail. He likes very much not to be limited for learned powers, but only for his Force Skill, and also likes very much not to have powers that depends on more than one Force Skill, cause he knows quickly which skill using for the effect he wanted.

Of course, there were also some problems. We have to agree the difficult for an effect, even with my tables, but once we had about half an hour of playing, this problem was past, cause all of us know more or less the medium difficult number.

So I have to say that We'll continue using this system, maybe with a few arrangements in difficulties, but almost as it is now.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, the Force rules are completely wrong or mostly wrong in my opinion. Basically, you have Sense, Alter and Control. Which the latter can actually be an extension of Alter if you get down to it. Those are the Force Powers. Anything else, lightsaber combat, force lightning, energy absorbtion, those are all force skills. The two should not be confused.

When it comes to skills, there are basic ones that everyone learns eventually, or almost everyone learns such as Lightsaber combat, and so on that are very basic fundemental skills taught by the Jedi Order.

Though, other skills like what Luke uses in the New Jedi Order era don't fit into the usual force power rules you'll find in the game books. Neither do the resurrected Emperor Palpatine's abilities.

Basically, if you can think of it, and you can sense it, you can do it. So many "skills" or powers beyond the generic force skills should require a sense and alter roll to perform. For example, Luke in the EU books manipulates black holes. This would require a difficult sense roll, followed by a alter roll.

The "spell" system that is used is basically the easiest way to limit lower level Jedi characters from going beyond their realistic abilities and limits by requiring a kind of casting cost for the skills and abilities. Though I think this is needed, the system doesn't accurately reflect the kinds of things we see Vader and Luke do in the movies.

Vader never said, " I can't kill you right now, I am out of Force points."

I am currently working on entirely new force rules because frankly, I don't like anything I've seen in print, or anything I have seen on the web. Though I haven't looked at anyone else's house rules to any major degree.

If there is significant interest, I will finish my house rules for this and post them here. Which I might do anyway, just to see what you guys think and get some constructive criticism and objective comments for change and refinement.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have completed and depurated (Razz) the first part of my Force rules. I have them in a doc file (from Word) but I don't know how to attached it to a post in order you could read it (and damned me Razz).

żAny help, please?
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to find a place to host the file and then post the link.

I too have more or less completed my Force Rules. Though I doubt anyone would want them. There is no force point system or "casting costs" for anything. DS and LS points are only used to determine alignment and modify the usage of dark or light skills.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

żA place to host the file? Gurps :S żAnybody knows one? And Firehawk, I'd like to read your system. Always is interesting to have another point of view, and maybe yours and mine could complemented each other.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could start by using www.megaupload.com and posting the link here.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Yousendit.com...
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firehawk I am also interested in your custom rules and would like to read them if you are amenable to that.
Taliesin_Bardwolf
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ˇOk,thanks you all! I'll post my rules in one of that webs...when I find where I have put them :S .I can't remember it
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can't get you guys to look at it. It's a 36 Page word document. It's mostly information and descriptions of Force powers rather than being just rules.

I deleted many BS related powers and condensed them, while adding others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: