The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, human is definately easier to use when you first start out

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tybalt
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for all the replies, especially rathe, for your tips on non-human species. i think i will make a falleen
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Tybalt.

About the Falleen, I speak from experience that you made a good choice. Eh, Crell? Smile

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe... Laughing a true gentleman never tells Razz

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tybalt
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha,. thanks again guys
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to play a female on a few occasions.
But I just can’t seem to “get into it”.
I guess I’m just to macho. Wink
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago while playing D&D (1st edition - as in 3 little tan books), I saw a female player charge her warrior and attack three trolls, but later run from a giant spider. At that point, I decided no man could possibly play a female character well. So, my input would be no. Smile
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did in D&D maybe a year ago 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time ago I made a character for d6 starwars....okay so not so long ago, but after a few years of playing a male bounty hunter trandoshan, I decided it was time to have a wife. I saved her from an entire guild hunting her. She was around for a while, but then she went back to start the nest. In any case, my character died in a freak listening to stupid people/thermal detinator accident. Then after finding out about this the wife (that I have started playing) is now on the hunt trying to find those responsible. I must admit that I often have to stop, think about what I am doing, and do something else that would be less like me and more female.
Maximilian Bernas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played female characters and my wife has played male characters. In the end, you just find whatever motivation you need and go from there.

I played an Alderaanian female right after A New Hope, and she was the most blood-thirsty, vengeful, intimidating little female you'd never want to meet. She never fell to the Dark Side, but she eventually got her house in order and retired to an agrarian planet to sow seeds of rebirth (or something along those lines). Later I felt as if I copped out and she could have been played better, but the guys I played with thought she was realistic, so I just took them at their word.

Besides, as a GM, we play all races, genders, and species. It's our job to be "everybody else." So, it should be easier for those of us who GM a lot. Right?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for a Star Wars RPG. Went once with a friend of mine to one of his friends houses where he was GMing. They were trying to finish an adventure they'd had going for a while and a couple of their regulars weren't with them, so me and one other were assigned characters who were supposed to be killed off. I got some little old lady who became very demented under my control. If she'd been a real person, I swear she'd have been carted off to an insane assylum the way I played her. Which was actually a bad thing cause I was supposed to let her get killed and my friend liked how I played her that she actually lived to see the end of the adventure. So if she was never used in another adventure and died there you can bet that out there in whatever universe that game was set in that there's some insane little old lady running free amongst society with a broom to which is tied, bayonett style, a carving knife.

Wanted Poster
Feyladil
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually for quite some time I only played female characters. For me it meant more distance to the characters which - at that time - was very important to me. You know, I don't identify myself with the actions of my characters (no, I won't blast a Star Destroyer into pieces), so playing a person with the opposite sex helped.

Today roleplaying is different to me. I spent much more time to figure out what my characters shall be like. That way I can make it very clear that it's not me who is doing those things. Besides that we've got female players in the group now and I wouldn't even think to be able to play a female character as they can do.

I have to admit though, that female characters have there advantages... It's so easy to manipulate those stormtroopers with just a single smile. Wink
Jen'tara Rhee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you ever played a character of the opposite sex? Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
I like to experiment with different character ideas. I think I've played a good female character. I find, and Crell agrees, that guys play females either as too stand offish or too sleezy. At least in our group.
I have no clue how women play male characters.

I'm male IRL. I only play female characters. No, I'm not gay. I enjoy listening to music that is women more, I enjoy reading stories about women more, so therefore I just like having female characters... Smile

If yo just think I am totally nuts, I can accept that.
Jen'tara Rhee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feyladil wrote:
Actually for quite some time I only played female characters. For me it meant more distance to the characters which - at that time - was very important to me. You know, I don't identify myself with the actions of my characters (no, I won't blast a Star Destroyer into pieces), so playing a person with the opposite sex helped.

I once played a character in the White Wolf chat rooms that was a Setite (for those that don't know, Setites are extremely corrupt and evil vampires that worship Set and snakes... they like to corrupt others...) that I played doing things I myself find abhorrent and would never even consider, but I played her because I thought... what is the MOST EVIL thing I can have her do? So, that's how I designed her... as the most sick, twisted, evil woman I could imagine... I wont tell you here what it was though... Anyway, it was SO evil that I had people thinking I really DID do the things I had her doing because they couldn't comprehend it... So I stopped playing her... but yeah... I dont' have to identify myself with the actions of my characters, if I did I'd probably be dead from lethal injection from doing the stuff Ashline did... Then again, some of my friends that knew me didn't like Ashline... I think in my thought to make the most sick and twisted character... I might have went a bit too far... LOL.

Quote:
I have to admit though, that female characters have there advantages... It's so easy to manipulate those stormtroopers with just a single smile. Wink

Yeah... that does work nicely...
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played characters of the opposite sex. Never. Its never really interested me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: