The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I GM'd a nice zombie mission recently!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> I GM'd a nice zombie mission recently!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: I GM'd a nice zombie mission recently! Reply with quote

So at the end of a game, my buddy Mike (an antisocial bounty hunter named Closer) wants to go visit Yoda on Dagobah to become a Jedi. I agree, allowing him to spend the CP's to become force sensetive, and I send him a vision through the force drawing him to the Dagobah system. He jumps to hyperspace......but boy is he in for a surprise!

As he's about to drop out of hyperspace, a fragment of debris hits his ship, tearing through the hull and rupturing the coolant units. He's dropped into a debris field from a derilict mining vessel orbiting the planet! With only 5 minutes to power down before a core breach Mike docks onboard the ship which amazingly is still operating on backup power.

After searching for a while for spare parts, Closer finds human remains and blood all over the ship. Not until he reaches the Rec area does he discover the enemy. Emerging from a blood-saturated swimming pool, a hoard of the undead attack. Wielding a modded light repeater, Closer fights his way to the bridge, mowing the creatures down in a gory symnphony of blood and guts!

This guy's so crazy, he even fired a rocket down a dark hallway just for good measure. To his delight, I described screams in the darkness followed by splattering, flaming body parts, illuminating the cooridoor.

I made these zombies nasty! Ignoring all wound status, only a head shot could finish them off.

After fighting his way to the engineering and through the raw ore storage, Closer discovers the origin of the zombie infestation: a sith artifiact!

The unfortunate crew dug up a hunk of raw ore containing a buried statue with a glowing object. Through another vision in the force, Closer is able to read the inscription, describing the object as the "Sith Talisman of Eternal Life." Force-sensetives were immune to its affects.

After narrowly escaping to his ship, Closer begins the repairs as dozens of undead swarm all over the hull of his ship. Having scavenged the freighter's coolant rods, the mining ship begins exploding all around him. Blasting off into space, the burning freigter enters Dagobah's upper atmosphere, detonating with an atomic blast!

Closer plunges down to the planet, burning off the remaining zombies and crash landing like Luke did right in the depths of a swampy lake.

After meeting Yoda in a similar fashion, Closer receives his training, only to discover from his new master that the sith artifact wasn't destroyed in orbit. Being impervious to conventional means of demolition, only the force could destroy the artifact. Now Closer needs to find it and bring it to Yoda as a final test. The only downside is that by now, several miles of jungle are infected with undead residents of Dagobah's swampy marsh, and after the last battle, Closer's running low on ammo.... unless he can find a lightsaber.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice!

An enjoyable and interestingly justifiable genre mixture. Does the Sith Artifact render non-force sensitive beings just impervious to death in most ways (except head shots and complete disintegration) or does it also drive them insane with blood lust, as it sounds? So do you have a back story on the artifacts creation and past uses? Just thoughts.

Fun Stuff
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I kinda have a backstory.

The object is called the Sith Talisman of Eternal Life. It's about the size of a basketball and shaped like a pyramid. It's made with a transparent material, allowing one to see into its complex innards which resmebles an archaic circutry (sp?). The pyramid is capped with a solid black steel fixture with ornate inscriptions in a dead sith language which describe its use.

The artifact is designed to draw in ambient energy to function. In this case, the ship's energy provided the initial "charge", allowing for the talisman to begin operating (i.e. sucking the very life force from those within a 10 mile radius causing animated death). Given the Sith's nature to corrupt, the artifact does indeed provide eternal life for its victims,......life as a decaying corpse.

Normally this artifact would transform a populous into an endless supply of slave labor, which a Sith Lord would control telepathically to do his bidding. The feral traits of the zombies in my adventure stemmed from a lack of dominance from such a Lord.

The artifact is impervious to all but the very energies which formed it. This means that it could remain intact after being hurled into a star.

The mining ship came upon it while mining raw ore from an asteroid field in a sector near the Dagobagh system. Thse asteroids were once a sith planet in a system that had gone nova (perhaps from the Sith tinkering too much with the very fabric of space?). The raw ore was extracted and cut into a cube for storage, however the inside was hollow causing the outside to crumble. This revealed the artifact, attatched to some kind of cerimonial statue. The weakest-willed of the crew fell ill and died, eventually reanimating and infecting the rest through saliva.

My buddy who was force sensetive, though untrained, felt an immensly oppresive darkness emmanating from the cargo bay. There the bulk of the unbdead gathered, bunching around the artifact, awaiting either food, or a master to command them. Mike took the liberty of dropping a couple thermal detonators into the crowd, producing a mighty mess of gore!

I also failed to mention that a survivor was found holed up in the armory, having lived off rations for about a month. He too was force sensetive, having been immune to the initial feild of death. However, he eventually succumbed to a viral bite from a zombie, turning onboard Mikes ship after blast off. Mike had to unload his repeater on him in the cockpit of his ship while negotiating a touchy atmospheric reentry...

Now the artifact has landed deep in the swamp of Dagobagh, surviving an upper-atmo nuclear detonation. If you thought the nasty native creatures were bad alive, just wait until they're undead!
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this one!

"Saving the multiverse, one Gamorrean Ale at a time."
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one iddy bitty nitpick... how did his character know to even start the serach for yoda on dagobah, before he got his gm vision?
Exoviper
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Ultimatly I took the liberty of Yoda having given him the vision from afar. I described it like this: A force user sends ripples through the force, but a person who suddenly "becomes" force-sensetive ( spending 20CP) jumps into the pool making a splash. For a master like Yoda who spends most of his time meditating, sensing this was right up his alley. Perhaps Yoda had incentive to call Mike, given the existence of the evil floating in orbit above.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great campaign, I'd like to hear how it ends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: