The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fan Made Sourcebooks [discussion]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Fan Made Sourcebooks [discussion] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuttaWindu wrote:
I have to say I like that the rancor pit library is a reasonably short one. The G+ community drive is sooo full with stuff and hard to navigate to find what you want.
Mamatried wrote:
I have gone through most on g+ trust me it is here, just easier to find

I'm not the only one that finds G+ non-user-friendly. It is difficult to navigate and find things there. That's why I ask that when they do post something new that would be of interest, someone posts it here on the Pit. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SWD6 community has sooooo much crap in there. Lots of individual documents and such. It's hard as hell to navigate through there.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone would like to volunteer to collate the individual posts that have pertinent information for game mechanics, npcs, etc and would like to go into the group share and organize better than I originally did. I am all for that.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I actually have the PDF of this in my Google Docs. You can find it by navigating through my signature: it's in the Public Star Wars Stuff>D6 Stats Folder>House Rules/Miscellaneous Folder

Whill wrote:
Thanks, Sutehp! I've poked around your goodies before but must have missed it. I'll have to go back and look around some more. Any other fanmade supplements you want to point out?

Aside from already pointing out Legacy of the Force, I don't think there's any other fanbook that jumps out at me. But I'll take another look soon.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I have been active in the SWd6 community. I actually put together my own Galaxy Guide 13 - The Phantom Menace. All I did was compile information from every one else and put it in the WEG type of format. It is really kind of a work in progress. I probably need some editing and proofreading done to it. It was the first time I attempted something like it even though it has been in the plans for over a decade.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
Been a while since I have been active in the SWd6 community. I actually put together my own Galaxy Guide 13 - The Phantom Menace. All I did was compile information from every one else and put it in the WEG type of format. It is really kind of a work in progress. I probably need some editing and proofreading done to it. It was the first time I attempted something like it even though it has been in the plans for over a decade.

Wow, cool! There are people here who would be happy to help. And welcome to the Pit!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!1 I appreciate the welcome. Like I said I have been and out of things for years. I started out on the old Star Wars Mailing List. Here is the cover I did for my book.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GBuk0G2fqDY-lo2e290yGLiTO0fjqezQ

What I did was just basically compile other people's work and put it in a format I liked. Of course it needs a lot of polishing.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I like it.

Thanks!!! Give me a couple and I will upload what I have done. Mind you I drew from a lot of places but I didn't write any of it really. I just did the layout and stuff. And I need to do a lot more filler. I have been debating on some font adjustments and placing the character stats in bubbles, for the lack of a better word, like the old WEG guides.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions are welcome. I do like the sourcebook for The Phantom Menace that was written and drew a lot of inspiration from it. But it has been long listed as a Galaxy Guide and really doesn't have the feel. Myself I have it listed as a sourcebook and keep in a folder with the WEG movie and book sourcebooks.

NOTE: Do to a lot of little mistakes I made with the text and given the fact I have better fonts I have taken that copy down for revision.

Keaton
24-June-18

Last edited by ReverendKeaton on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would really like to do in some of the open spaces is put musings like were in the old guides. Thoughts on Palpatine. On how things were on the planets. Different little tales.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReverendKeaton wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vn2e4Y_493gYz_XOJd6HR-M3NgmeFMUq

Any suggestions are welcome. I do like the sourcebook for The Phantom Menace that was written and drew a lot of inspiration from it. But it has been long listed as a Galaxy Guide and really doesn't have the feel. Myself I have it listed as a sourcebook and keep in a folder with the WEG movie and book sourcebooks.

Yeah, and the TPM "galaxy guide" wasn't originally developed as one. It originally had a "sourcebook" title, and it was later edited by someone else with a galaxy guide title.

Just out of curiosity, what publishing/editing software did you use to create your book?

Do you have access to any of the original WEG fonts?
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
ReverendKeaton wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vn2e4Y_493gYz_XOJd6HR-M3NgmeFMUq

Yeah, and the TPM "galaxy guide" wasn't originally developed as one. It originally had a "sourcebook" title, and it was later edited by someone else with a galaxy guide title.

Just out of curiosity, what publishing/editing software did you use to create your book?

Do you have access to any of the original WEG fonts?

I do not. But then again I haven't researched them too much. That actually gives me a good idea for later when I get a chance to sit down. I may do some scouring and see if I can find what fonts I can find. As far as software I actually just used open office to make it. Did the cover with MS paint.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I decided to come to the people that are the experts. I took a couple of moments and found the fonts. Now when I get a chance to sit down I will do some changing.
ReverendKeaton
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And going back through it adjusting fonts I notice a bunch of mistakes I made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 43 of 46

Jump to: