The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone trooper to Stormtrooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Clone trooper to Stormtrooper Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Mischevious
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been already discussed, it seems most likely that by the time of the Rebellion the stormtroopers are human recruits instead of clones.

So does anyone have a good story for why so many stormtroopers are left handed rather than right? And why so many of WEG's miniatures for the stormtroopers were left handed? (i.e. the entire boxed set).

Some kind of cunning plot by Palpatine to make sure that ordinary predominently right handed citizens were retrained as left handed stormtroopers? Maybe this is why they often can't hit anything smaller than a sandcrawler...
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know which hand Jango favored? Or was he ambidextrous? I'm guessing ambi based on his excellent handling of the dual pistols, but his clones were probably the same as he.

Alternatively, perhaps the Stormtroopers depicted in the miniatures were merely waiting for a dramatically appropriate moment to reveal that they weren't really left-handed. 8)
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In mythology and such left-handedness is almost always associated with wickedness and evil. And as GL is steeped in mythology- this may be a way to make the stormies look evil.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps the fellow making the molds was left handed... Confused
Darth Mischevious
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose the real reason is probably GL thinking it looks more evil - the "attack sinister" (sinister is a heraldic term for left handed, if I recollect correctly). The hand that held the dagger rather than the sword...

However, I rather like Pel's suggestion! It offers a new solution to the discussion on another thread about how stormies can pose a threat to experienced characters. Thanks, Pel, love the imagery - "Hey rebel scum, we know something you don't... you see, we're not really left handed!". Very Happy

So - maybe all the published stats for stormtroopers are for when they are using their left hands. Dump the armour penalties and have them switch hands, and suddenly your PCs are facing some bad*ss stormies!
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take their where two types of Clone Troopers 1) the fast matuering kind that aged at twice the normal rate and 2) the Force growen that went nuts in a hand full of years and had to be put down.

As for Stormtroopers well they where orignaly the last of the Clone Troopers with their numbers paded by the Ceram of the COMPNOR Assault Group and later batches of Clones both fast matuering and ones that age as normal. Palpatine most probaly increased the number of Templates from the best of the COMPNOR Assault Group Inducties.

Post Endor the Imperial Remnents would recrute from Army, Navy and COMPNOR Assault Group since they don't know about Palpatines Stormtrooper Factories (Thrawn knew about them but not where they where)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: