The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force powers, and what to resist with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Force powers, and what to resist with.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Force powers, and what to resist with. Reply with quote

Brought out of the thread 'perception and tk' in the Official forums, here is a thread for us to 'hash out what we feel should be allowed to resist powers.

Like for affect mind. I have seen some that feel willpower should be allowed to resist it. Others say only perception, and some even say nothing...

So. Lets come up with a list of powers, and everyone else says what they feel should be used to 'resist it with' and whether that resistance is a one off, or an 'every round' roll.

First off is Telekinesis, under alter, while second is Affect mind.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect perception should not be used, willpower might be used, but with some handicap due it not being a force skill.
Ras
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of tired of the whole topic... Smile
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use which ever is higher. If your perception is higher than willpower than we use that. In either case non force users need a skill that will help them over come those pesky dark jedi.
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depend how you imagine the power of affect mind.
-If you think that when someone realises his/her mind is manipulated he/she can simply vanish the "incoming idea" from his/her mind then a perseption roll is needed to resist to affect mind.
If you think that when someone has his/her mind manipulated he/she always feel clearly what occurs (at unconscious level) and try to resist versus the "incoming idea" then a willpower roll is needed to resist to affect mind.

I personnaly prefer the willpower resist roll to match with Obiwan's explanation of this power during ep IV. This power only works on feeble mind. For me that means "small willpower capability".

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: