The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny Stories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Funny Stories Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Funny Stories Reply with quote

I dedicate this thread to stories about funny adventures that anyone wants to share. Laughing
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had an adventure where we all almost died because one person wouldn't do what he had to do, because he was referred to as Lackey by his superior. Now we all call him that Wink !
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To set the scene. 3 PCs, a Jedi, a Wookie tech, and a Brash Pilot (me), pinned down in an alley by 8 stormtroopers. Only the Wookie and me are shooting back (the jedi didn't have a blaster), no-one getting a clear advantage.

The Jedi senses more troopers on the way and decides to help fight.
"Orgaloth! Chuck us your spare blaster!"
I do so. He flips it to Stun and fires. A red energy bolt comes streaking out and hits a trooper in the head killing him. The jedi is stunned. I shout out "The stun doen't work on that one!"

At this stage the wookie player is rolling on the ground laughing as he was aware that I had deliberately unwired the stun setting. Poor Jedi, got his first DSP, but learnt to never borrow my weapons. Wink

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Crunch doing what he does... (Long) Reply with quote

Here's a funny tale of survival... The GM was running us in the "Far Orbit" campaign, and we had ticked the Impies off enough to warrent them laying a trap for us, and us alone.

We revieced a partial transmission abut a freighter looded with booty, and it's location in a few days. As we were, previously, an Imperial ship, we still had alot of the old Uniforms around (The survivors of what was being torn up by the Janitor Droids to clean the Heads with), so we went in under the plan of acting as regular, ordinary Impies doing what they do best.

Inturrupt shipping with searches. Wink

The human portion of the bording party went onboard with the uniforms, while the non-human portion (Including my character, Crunch the Klatoonian) stayed on the Shuttles for back-up.

Well, as I said, it was a trap, and the Commander of the Boarding Party knew it almost instantly, so he ordered the reenforcements up, and to go down into the hold to inspect it after we secured the rest of the ship.

Crunch was last to go down. And down did he go... Slipping on the ladder (-8 to his Climb roll, which everyone laughed at.), to a dark hold... Then, suddenly, smoke grenades went off around the party, and the lights came on... Lots of little lights.

Blaster Fire.

All of which was concentrated on the STANDING boarders, thinking Crunch was out of the picture.

After getting up, and seeing the carnage, Crunch was... Less than happy.

"Force point!" Running towards the few troops that he could see, Crunch then proceeded to go to town on the 18 Troopers that were arrayed as the front line, and killed 10, injuring the final 8 (6D Brawling, 8D Brawling: Wrestling. The GM also allowed 8 actions rather than the usual 4 this time... He was entertained by the notion, and rewarded proper RPing), he then spotted the ENTIRE HOLD FILLED WITH STORMTROOPERS!!! All throwing Grenades (Luckily, they were smokes)

"RUN AWAY!!!"

Of the 100+ shots that went out at him, less than a dozen hit, and they only STUNNED him (Didn't even drop him.). He then proceeded to run RIGHT INTO the ladder, and broke the bridge of his nose (Wound.).

Next round, and another Force Point, Crunch picks himself up, races up the ladder, blaster fire scorching the ladder underneath him.

Now... Here's the turely funny part. The Commander of the Boarding Party was looking down into the smoke-filled crawlway to try and figure out what was going on... When here comes 200 lbs. of Klatoonian shooting up the ladder like a Rodian on the newest BlasTech Product, slamming into his face, flipping him across the bridge, and knocking him out cold, to the surprised look at all the other boarders, who had heard Hoth War II down there, and expected no survivors.

Crunch, in the mean time, was doing a little dance, trying to get the fire on the seat of his pants out, and his nose fixed.

We captured the ship, and a holdful of Veteran Stormies (Some slightly dinted cans). And a ledgend born. Crunch is now part of *EVERY* first entry.

He also has a nice shield made from the reenforced hood of a Speeder, to help prevent things like this happening again.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote
Quote:
Poor Jedi, got his first DSP

Why would the Jedi get a dsp for fighting in selfdefense?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that situation doesn't sound deserving of a dark side point.

there is no rule that says a jedi is not allowed to kill. jedi are just supposed to try not to if it can be avoided.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was our first game ever, and the GM wasn't quite sure. He figured that seeing how the Jedi wanted to stun the trooper, but killed him, he'd give a DSP.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest thing i bring into consideration when i deliberate about whether or not a character's actions warrant a darkside point depends largly on how their frame of mind is... although sensless killing is never ok, if a character doesn't intend on causing as much harm as they do... or if their killing someone to save a loved one or a friend, then it's not really evil in my eyes...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell, write a funny story about you and "Bomber"
Or the time you and Ragnar did the "Time Machine Con"

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll post it up tomorrow during my wait at school Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should be interesting... do the "Time Machine."
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was running a New Repbulic game with the newest recruits from the Jedi Academy. Some young aliens were dancing around in dark silk-like ropes on the streets of Mos Eisley. The young jedi were sent there as a group of 4 to help protect one another. Well as it turns out, one of the little aliens pickpockets one of the Jedi and steals....his lightsaber. The little ones quickley dodge into a whole in a 10 foot wall. So one of the less experienced ones throws a grenade in after them.... Well too bad there was a hutt crime boss on his floater going down the street on the other side. oops...
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first and most memorable moments occured when a pc called Sark was crawling in a ventilation shaft of a pirate space station. He came across an enlarged crawlspace and found an old wooden crate. After chipping away with his knife for about ten minutes, he discovered a metalic box within. Frustrated, he fired his blaster fifle at the box, (rolled a one on the wild die), the blast bounced back (did 15 points of damage) and severed his right arm. while still in shock, his comlink went off. A comrade was requesting a status report, but all she heard were his screams of agony. My player did this really well. I would say, "Sark are you Okay?"
and he would yell, "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!"
"are you okay?"
"Aaaaaaaaaaghhh!!"
"Sark can you hear me, what's wrong?"
"Aaaaaaaaaaaggghhh!!!!!!"
Every one of us was laughing... for five minutes!
In the end, Sark got a replacement and he would tell you, "I got the better end of the deal."
The base was destroyed, but the metal box survived. To this day, my players suspect that behind every unexplained desaster lies...The Box!

Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good story. I'm sad that I wasn't there for the game though. Crying or Very sad
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell should do "Sweeping With Bomber"
that would definately make the funniest story. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: