The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Smasher armor...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Smasher armor...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Smasher armor... Reply with quote

In gundarks (and GG10) we are introduced to a suit of armor, called Smasher armor. Should htis armor suit require the Power suit operations skill??
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Yes, If you ask me and perhaps an extra D protection Vs. Physical Attacks
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much so, yes. It's servo-assist armour!
Admiral Andersen
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That armour is over-powered, and out of control. I do not allow my players to own one. In fact, in my SW universe it has never been invented.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might allow it... just remember that ionizing weapons are great against people wearing such things Wink
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about how I would alter the armor to make it viable and then on the same page of the Equipment_Stats.pdf there is Corellian Powerarmor with almost the exact stats I was thinking. I would deny Smasher armor and just go with the Corellian Powerarmor if they are looking for something in that range.
Expendable Hero
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you can do is keep track of damage repair cost. I know in some games money is abundant but in my games we have to earn it and repairing smasher armour can get expensive. I feel that its a nice equalizer for players who don't want to play a barble or a wookie but still want to have a chance against them in a brawl. A wookie will still have better odds gennerally in a fight against smasher armour. I do not require power suit opp. because its designed to enhance what you do naturally rather than do something totally different. One rule I made is that naturally large and/or strong creatures like the wookie can't get smasher armour because they never needed to make it so there is none for there species. Also I follow the if there only doing it to powergame they can't rule. Yes smasher armour can unbalance a game if given out without any thought before hand but as a GM we need to make shure that the equipment we give out is not going to unbalance the players in favor of one person over the rest, but to say that no one is allowed to use an item just because it could be abused is a mistake that will just end up taking away from the gameplay. If you outlaw smasher armour shouldn't you outlaw wookies. After all they can unbalance a fight just as easy.
Dono I just feel that people are to quick to just drop something instead of finding a nice middle ground. In the end if power armour becomes unbalancing you can always have someone come after them with a nice strong ION canon that fries it for good. Why not see how it works for your group first and if they can make it work fairly then let it.
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not require power suit opp. because its designed to enhance what you do naturally rather than do something totally different.
I always thought the same for 'natural' moves Smile (not jump boots, etc.)

Maybe because I read Starship Troopers Wink (great book btw)
Aardon24689
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the parts about allowing it to level the playing field with the bigger races. And not allowing the larger races to have it. It would all depend on the campaign though.

I don't know that I would bypass powered armor training though. Even for enhancing something you do naturally. With it enhanced it would be like learning to walk again. With a strenth boost trying to pick something up and not crush it would take training. And learning to land with that enhanced jumping power would take training also.
Maur
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with players getting access to gear like this, but just remember that they'll be pretty memorable if they do use it and as such law enforcement is likely to come better prepared to deal with such individuals.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that Power Armour doesn't float.

We found that out the hard way when the Wooden Pirate Sailing Ship we were on started to sink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: