The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Blastech T-6 Thunderer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Blastech T-6 Thunderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Blastech T-6 Thunderer Reply with quote

This monster heavy blaster pistol inflicts 6D+2 damage right out of the box. A 'normal' heavy blaster does 5D damage.

So here's my question... Is the T-6 supposed to be the .500 Smith and Wesson of blaster pistols or the .600 Nitro Magnum of blaster pistols?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but it certainly is the most kick-@$$ overpowered blaster out there...
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Given that the description states that Sorosuub gave in and ceded the "Blaster Wars" to BlasTech after this baby came out, I'd go for the .600 Nitro.

Either way, it's good for making speeder-sized holes in whatever you're shooting. A+ bang-bang! Twisted Evil
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... The .500 Smith and Wesson is considered by most folks to be the most powerful factory production built revolver on the planet.

The .600 Nitro Magnum is factory built like the .500S&W, but is far, far less well known since it's made by a company in Austria and is stupidly powerful. What Pfeifer Waffen, the company which makes the Zeliska .600 Nitro Magnum, calls a 'Nitro Magnum' round is what the rest of the world calls a Holland and Holland .600 Nitro Express round!

The Zeliska weighs over thirteen and a quarter pounds and fires a frelling elephant gun round!

I've seen two video clips of single-shot pistols chambered for the H&H Nitro Express rounds being fired. In both cases they flew out of the firer's hands! The second video was taken just a few moments after the first by someone who had seen what happened to the first guy and was prepared for the recoil! The Zeliska is a revolver holding 5 shots instead of just one.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side question. Since some places list it as a modified heavy blaster pistol, and it's damage IS 1d+2, which is the max modification you can go for damage, over the heavy. WOULD you let someone who had blaster repair make damage increase modifications to the thunderer??
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in Gundark's it's listed as a stock piece of equipment. Now I realize it first debuted in Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy and probably ought to have been kept as a modified pistol rather than a stock weapon, I believe the full and complete write-up in Gundarks overrules the 'part of an NPC's equipment' description in Wretched Hives.

What I marvel over even more than the T-6, though, is the Merr-sonn 434 Deathhammer blaster pistol. That little monster has blaster pistol range and ammo capacity yet does 5D+1 damage!
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Thunderer and the Death Hammer are both probably representative of the peak of hand blaster technology. Any improvements would probably require some (A) Blaster Engineering rolls.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the gun blows up when it overheats, which it does very easily.
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no game rule that says it blows up when overheated, much less 'very easily'.
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple when you score a Complication it signials a potenchial overheat, fire again before it has time to cool and it go Boom, on a botch it go Boom without warning.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayle Skolaris wrote:
There is no game rule that says it blows up when overheated, much less 'very easily'.

True, the book did not give game rules, but the 'write up' did say they were prone to overheating. The one time i had one of these babies, i modified it for a 3/round ROF, and the potential for higher rof, if i was willing to overheat it..
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always read the fluff. It's got important info in it!

I do!
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, always read the fluff!

...unless all you have is one of my Stats books, then you're screwed....
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:

...unless all you have is one of my Stats books, then you're screwed....

I would never say someone is screwed if they have your Stat books, those things are comprehensive as hell. They just have to create their own fluff to go with it.

I've never understood the "fluff" term in gaming, when it refers to the background material. To me that's always the important stuff, if anything is "fluff", it's the mechanics. Story material is way more interesting and useful to me. Of course, i always excelled at English and History, Mathematics and other technical things were never my strong point. I guess I'm just of a literary bent.
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry, are you Thiago Aranha? I must say, Frank Bonura was quite annoyed to have his deckplans used without permission or credit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: