The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for good smuggling modules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Looking for good smuggling modules.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Looking for good smuggling modules. Reply with quote

I'm kicking around the idea of actually using a ready made campaign module. I've always just winged it, but it's getting a little rough to keep things new, so I figure I'll give my brain a rest and use a readymade.

I've been running a smuggling campaign where the players are running weapons from the Rebellion to the Trianii resistance in the Corporate Sector and stolen advanced tech from the Corporate Sector to the Rebellion. They have contacts in both resistance movements, obviously, but the players are free agents, they have no formal association with either the Rebellion or the Trianii Resistance (beyond one character being a member of the Trianii species).

I know there's a big pile of campaign modules and adventure sets out there, but I haven't read most of them. Anyone have recommendations on some that would be a good fit for adapting to an ongoing campaign? I'm using the 2E R&E rules, but I'm not averse to adapting 1E modules if they'll work well.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never played it, but there's a module called "The Politics of Contraband" which must certainly be an easy fit for your campaign. It features 5 short adventures centered around, well, smuggling of course.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, I do have that one. I'll have to check it out when I get home. I've also heard good things about the Black Sands of Socorro. Anyone familiar with that one?
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Sands of Socorro isn't really a module... more like a description for a setting...

I myself am not too crazy about it, it's like Star Wars in a type of Arabia, nomadic land... whatever. Then too keep things fresh, the moon is an ice world. Ho-hum.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone was curious, I ended up using the Meltdown scenario from Instant Adventures, and it worked well. Lots of fun was had, and they even managed to pick up another freighter. Now one of the party has their own ship, a bog standard Ghtroc, which will open up my GM characters and their YT-2400 to other plot hooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: