The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dark troopers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Dark troopers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Dark troopers Reply with quote

Does anyone have the stats for the dark trooper? I don't think WEG came up with them. So what have you guys used?

Thanks
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Droids Stats book.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is an "official" (WEG) set of stats for the Dark Troopers. However, there is a fan-made adventure "Jaws of the Sarlacc" that has some stats in it.

The stats they have (and I don't know who would agree or not) are:

Dark Trooper Phase I
Dex 5D (Melee parry 5d, dodge 5d, melee combat 7d)
Know 2D
Mech 2D
Str 3D (Lifting 6d)
Tech 2D (Armor repair 3d+1)
CP 8 Move 14
Eq. Wrist Gauntlets: "These knife like gauntlets serve dual puposes fore the Dark Trooper Phase I. Primarily, they are the only weapons carried by the exoskeleton, similar in design to a vibroblade, which inflict a damage equal to STR+3D. Additionally, they contain personal shield generators which coat the forearm in a bubble of protective energy which can be used to deflect and diffuse energy blasts (using the melee parry skill). The Dark Trooper still takes damage from the blast, however only up to a maximum of 2D. The deflected laser continues on at its normal strength -2D."
Dark Trooper Exoskeleton: Provides 5D to Strength against physical attacks and +2D for energy attacks. No Dexterity penalty."

They also have:
Dark Trooper Pilot Droid
Type: Modified Dark Trooper Phase III
Dex 1D (Dodge 2d, vehicle blasters 6D)
Know 2D
Mech 2D (Dark trooper shields 3D+1, starship gunnery 5D, walker operation: Sarlacc 6D) [The Sarlacc is a walker prototype introduced in the module]
Str 4D
Tech 2D (Armor repair 3D+1)
CP 18 Move 3
Eq: "Dark Trooper Body Armore (+6D to Strength against physical attacks, +5D against energy attacks, No Dexterity Penalty), personal shield generator (3D personal shields), energy orbs x4 (see below)

Energy Orb Droid Remote
Type: Imperial Energy Orb
Dex 3D
Know, Mech, Tech: 0D
Per, Str: 1D
Equipped: Repulsorlift system for fast hoverin movement,
Advanced motion and heat detecting sensors
Remote operation unit
3 Blaster Modules (2D damage)
Move: 10 Size: 6" [15cm] diameter sphere
Cost: Not for Sale

These are not my stats... apparently, according to the "cover page" of the PDF, it's from the Star Wars RPG Database, and is by Rodney Thompson
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I found after much searching a couple of years ago,

Ever since the Naboo incident, mass produced combat droids had fallen out of vogue with the various galactic governments - with one major exception: the Dark Trooper project. Brainchild of General Rom Mohc, the Dark Troopers were designed to be the next big thing after the Death Star. General Mohc believed in the personal touch that could only be found in a face to face confrontation. To that end, he assembled the project to design and deploy an army of super combat droids. Self contained, powerful, nearly unstoppable, the Dark Trooper project was an ambitious undertaking.

Mohc was provided with a space going construction facility called Arc Hammer that quickly began producing the prototype models. The units were deployed to remote rim world of Talay, where they attacked and destroyed a rebel base. The resulting slaughter impressed Lord Vader, who gave Moch his blessing to continue the project and begin mass producing the Dark Troopers. Fortunately Mohc's project was shut down by the rebel operative Kyle Katarn, and the General killed during the final battle.

The Phase One Dark Trooper was a reinforced combat endoskeleton cast from an extremely durable alloy called phrik. Standing just shy of three meters tall, this combat droid is equipped with a blast shield on its left fore arm, and a impressive looking sword on it's right. This made the droid extremely effective in close quarters combat. Although primitive compared to the models that would follow, the Phase One trooper is still remarkably effective.

NOTE: Please see the Rebellion Era Sourcebook, p. 105 for d20 stats.

Phase One Dark Trooper - D6 Stats
Phase One Dark TrooperType: Advanced Combat Droid
DEXTERITY 3D Blaster: 5D+1, Brawling Parry: 5D, Dodge: 4D, Missile Weapons: 5D+1, Melee Weapons: 5D+2, Melee Parry: 4D,
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2Intimidation: 4D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D+2Search: 2D+2
STRENGTH 3D+2Brawling: 4D+1, Climbing / Jumping: 6D+1
TECHNICAL 1D+2Equipped With: * Forearm sword (STR + 2D)* Forearm shield (1D+2 vs physical / energy) * Heuristic processor* Two visual and auditory sensors - human range * Two infrared vision sensors * Vocabulator speech system * Magnetic feet Move: 8 Height: 3 meters Cost: Not available for sale (at least 10,000 credits on the invisible market)

The Phase Two Dark Trooper is considerably more advanced than the Phase One, and serves as the standard combat unit for this project. A phrik armor shell covers the combat endoskeleton, increasing the height slightly. The armor is modeled after the standard Imperial design, giving the Phase Two trooper the vague appearance of a large stormtrooper. The Phase Two incorporated a jet pack for increased mobility, and a devastating assault cannon. The cannon's arsenal ranges from deadly plasma shells to explosive rockets.

Phase Two Dark Trooper - D6 Stats
Phase Two Dark TrooperType: Advanced Combat Droid
DEXTERITY 3DBlaster: 7D+1, (S) Assault Cannon: 8D+1, Blaster Artillery: 7D+1, Brawling Parry: 6D+1, Dodge: 4D, Melee: 6D+1, Melee Parry: 6D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2Intimidation: 6D+1
MECHANICAL 2DJet Pack Operation: 5D
PERCEPTION 1D+2Search: 3D+2
STRENGTH 4DBrawling: 7D, Climbing / Jumping: 8D+1
TECHNICAL 1D+2* Armored Casing (provides +2D to strength for all attacks)* Assault Cannon - Plasma shell loads (7D 0-20/40/60) - Long range rockets (10D 0-80/160/240)* Heuristic processor* Two visual and auditory sensors - human range * Two infrared and low light vision sensors * Vocabulator speech system * Magnetic feet* internal comlink* Repulsorlift unit* Maneuvering jets (May move up to 50 meters horizontally, 35 vertically. Enough fuel for 20 bursts)Move: 10 Height: 3.5 meters Cost: Not available for sale (at least 15,000 credits on the invisible market)

The Phase Three Dark Trooper model is the ultimate battle droid in the Dark Trooper project. While designed to be the same height as the Phase Two units, the Phase Three trooper is more massive, and carries a heavier armor. The droid can operate independently or the unit can be worn by an operator as power armor. The reinforced frame contains a cluster of missile launchers, in addition to the assault cannon found on the Phase Two trooper. These relatively slow moving projectiles home in on a target's heat signature to deliver a lethal explosive packet.

Phase Three Dark Trooper - D6 Stats
Phase Three Dark TrooperType: Advanced Combat Droid
DEXTERITY 2D+1Blaster: 8D+2, (S) Assault Cannon: 9D+2, (S) Seeker Missile: 9D, Blaster Artillery: 5D+1, Brawling Parry: 7D+1, Dodge: 4D+1, Melee: 7D+1, Melee Parry: 7D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2Intimidation: 7D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+1Jet Pack Operation: 5D
PERCEPTION 2D+2Search: 5D+2, Sneak: 4D+2
STRENGTH 4D+2Brawling: 8D+2, Climbing / Jumping: 9D
TECHNICAL 1D+2Computer Program / Repair: 2D+2, Demolition: 2D+2*

Armored Casing (provides +3D to strength for all attacks)* Assault Cannon - Plasma shell loads (7D 0-20/40/60) - Long range rockets (10D 0-80/160/240) - Seeker Missile (6D 0-30/60/90 Fire Control: 1D+2)* Heuristic processor* Two visual and auditory sensors - human range * Two infrared and low light vision sensors * Vocabulator speech system * Magnetic feet* internal comlink* Repulsorlift unit* Maneuvering jets (May move up to 50 meters horizontally, 45 vertically. Enough fuel for 25 bursts)Move: 10 Height: 3.5 meters Cost: Not available for sale (at least 19,500 credits on the invisible market)

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4d in melee? And it was considered extremely effective????
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4D? I see 5D+2, 6D+1, and 7D+1. One of those listing has a 4D Dodge in front of it, I think you might have been seeing that.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Melee Parry at 4d in the phase 1

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
There's Melee Parry at 4d in the phase 1

Which is what i was on about..
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it has the melee attack at a higher rate, and how much does a droid have to worry about parrying? It's made of armor, damn near.
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

These are some really great stats! Smile
Darth Mischevious
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me what the source for the Dark Troopers is? I know the stats have been posted here and in Gry's excellent Droid book, and there are credits to the Rebellion Era Sourcebook.

Are they are originally a WOTC creation, or from one of the novels or a comic or what?

Cheers
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Troopers were created for the PC game Dark Forces, the first Star Wars first-person-shooter, released about 10 years ago. Your goal as Kyle Katarn (before we discovered his Force-sensitivity) was to stop the Dark Trooper project, facing against its different phases.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent game. If i remember correctly they were also in the sequals to the game as well.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm.. I don't remember seeing a Dark Trooper in the Jedi Knight series, and i played them all....
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were none in Dark Forces 2 I know that now... but i'm still almost positive i saw them in Outcast. Or were those a different type of experimental storm trooper? It's been forever since i've played them.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: